chapter 13

Kyle's pov

I woke up the next day, Stan and I both wrapped in each others arms. I wouldn't mind waking up like this more.

I just looked at Stan as he slept, he looked so cute. God I wanted to be with him again. He started to move around and I pretended I was asleep, so he wouldn't be creeped out that I was staring at him.

"Kyle?"

I opened my eyes to see Stan looking at me.

"Hey." I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks for helping me feel better last night." Stan smiled back.

"Well, what are friends for?" I asked.

"So we're friends again?" Stan asked.

"We've been through way too much together to just stop being friends." I told him.

"Glad you agree." Stan smiled.

Stan's pov

Kyle said we've been through too much together to not be friends. He's right, but, my feelings for him are too strong to be just friends with him. We've done a little too much together to be just friends.

"Stan," Kyle began, "I want you to know that I don't hate you."

"Kyle, I want you to know....I really do love you more than Wendy..." I told him.

"Oh..so you do remember..." Kyle muttered.

"Yeah, I do, cause it's true." I said to him.

"Then why are you stringing us both along?" I asked him.

"Because..I still love Wendy.." I sighed, "But, I want to be with you again."

Kyle sighed, "I told you, it's not gonna work if you date us both, if you wanna date me, you can't be with Wendy too."

"So, if I broke up with her, you'd want to be with me again?" I asked.

"Yes, cause my feelings aren't just gonna go away.." Kyle answered.

"I don't want to hurt her though.." I said.

"Dude, you can't keep using that as an excuse," Kyle started, "even if it's the truth, that's not a reason to stay with someone."

My phone went off and I saw that I had a text from Wendy.

Wendy: where are you babe? I thought you were gonna come pick me up this morning and we'd go shopping for homecoming!

Stan: sorry i overslept ill b there soon

"I, uh, I gotta go." I told Kyle as I got up.

"You gotta go see Wendy, right?" He asked.

"Well, yeah." I told him.

"Of course..." He mumbled.

So I've learned that Kyle does still want to be with me, just only if he's the only person I'm with. I understand him completely, I just don't want to lose Wendy.

-

I was in my car with Wendy, on our way to the mall so she can get a dress for homecoming. She took forever in the store, trying on like 50 different dresses, asking me my opinion on each one.

"Okay, so I can't decide between the pink one or the red one," Wendy began, "which one should I pick?"

"Um, the pink one." I told her, even though they looked basically the same.

"Are you sure though?" She asked, "I mean, most of my clothes are pink, I wanna try something new for homecoming."

"Okay, then go with the red one babe." I told her.

"I don't know, the red one make me look kind of fat." Wendy said.

"You look beautiful in both of them, no matter which one you pick, you'll be the best looking girl there." I smiled.

  "You're the sweetest Stan!" Wendy kissed my cheek, "Okay, I'm going with the pink and I want you to wear dark gray, the colors compliment each other nicely."

  "Alright, no problem," I smiled.

  "Okay, just gotta go look at their selection of shoes." Wendy told me.

  When she was looking at the shoes, I got a text from Kyle.

Kyle:  can u come over later?

Stan: sure thing!

  After what felt like hours, Wendy finally came back over to me.

  "Okay, I'm gonna go with these silver ones," She told me, holding up a pair of heels, "they will go great with the necklace you got me for Valentine's Day."

  "Sounds good, ready to go home now?" I asked her.

  "Well, I was hoping we could spend more time together." Wendy said.

  "It's just, I told Kyle that I would hang out with him later." I told her.

  "Kyle?" She asked, kind of angrily, "Why would you hang out with him?!"

  "What are you talking about?" I looked at her, confused, "You know he's my best friend."

  "You'd rather spend time with your best friend than your girlfriend?" Wendy asked.

  Well with how you're acting, yes I would.

  "I was with you all day yesterday babe," I told her, "I would like to hang out with my friends too."

  Wendy sighed, "Okay, I'm sorry Stan..."

-

  I took Wendy home and she really seemed to not want to let me go.

  "What are you acting so worried about?" I asked.

  "I'm not, I'll just miss you." She said.

  "I'll miss you too, but I'll see you tomorrow," I kissed her goodbye, "I love you."

  "I love you too." She smiled.

  I made my way to Kyle's, feeling kind of relieved to be away from Wendy.