chapter 17

Stan's pov

  "Wendy.."

  Wendy said nothing, just turned around, and ran off as best she could in her heels.

  "Wendy, please, just listen to me!" I tried running after her, Wendy stopped, and slapped me across the face.

  Ow.

  "How could you do this to me?" She cried.

  "I'm sorry Wendy..." I started, "I didn't want to hurt you.."

  "Well you did!" She shouted, "This is so humiliating! I'm leaving, and don't follow me!" She then took off the necklace I got her, threw it at me, and stormed off.

  I just stood there and let her go. Following her might just make things worse.

Wendy's pov

  When I got home, I texted Bebe to come over when she left the dance. She came over an hour and a half after I texted her.

  "Wendy! What's wrong?" She asked me, looking at my makeup running down my face.

  "Stan...he doesn't love me anymore.." I cried.

  "What?! Are you sure?" Bebe asked.

  "I heard him..he was telling Kenny that he doesn't love me.." I began, "because he's in love with Kyle.."

  "Wait, really?" Bebe asked, "That's crazy.."

  "He said he wanted to give me one last good night at the dance, and 'gently end things tomorrow'." I told her.

  "I'm sorry Wendy." She sighed.

  "It's just so humiliating!" I said to Bebe.

  "It's not like anyone else heard that, right?" She asked me.

  "But what if he and Kyle start dating?" I asked her.

  "So what?" She asked, "I don't think he would admit that he left you for him, that makes him out to be the bad guy."

  "But, for my ex to be dating a guy right after dating me?" I started, "that's embarassing!"

  "How?" Bebe asked, "When Kyle broke up with me telling me that he thinks he might be gay, I didn't find it embarassing, I wanted him to be himself, and shouldn't you want that for Stan? You don't want to be with Stan if he doesn't love you, right?"

  "But I still love him..." I sighed.

  "I know you do," Bebe started, "but what can you do?"

  I sat down on my bed and rubbed my temples.

  "This might not help, but think about it," Bebe began, "he seemed to not want to hurt you. I know it sucks, but sometimes feelings just go away."

Stan's pov

  Fuck! This is so not how I wanted things with Wendy to end. I still cared about her, I'm just not in love with her anymore. I threw myself on my bed and groaned. I then texted Kyle to let him know I didn't feel like going over.

Stan: hey dude, i dont really feel like coming over if thats ok

Kyle: thats fine but is everything ok?

Stan: yea man, ill talk to u tomorrow

Kyle: ok dude

Kyle's pov

  I wonder if Stan was okay. He said he was, but he never really is when he says he is. He didn't seem to be at the dance for that long, I wonder what happened.