four

it had been a couple of days since the kiss between the two best friends. it was awkward that's for sure. neither of them having enough balls to say anything.

when Tess was at the Gallaghers she would do her best to avoid Carl all together, and that seemed to be what he was doing. it was hard for everyone to watch this seeing as the two were always talking or doing something together.

just looking at Carl made Tess happy. so that morning when she walked into the Gallagher home and Carl wasn't there she was a little upset.

"mornin Gallaghers." Tess said closing the back door. "mornin Tess." Ian replied, searching for something. "is Carl here?" she asked, looking up the stairs. "you grow a pair, and finally gonna talk to him?" Lip questioned, sitting down at the table.

"what's that?" the blonde asked, looking down at the bright orange paper. "eviction notice. cousin patrick really loves us." Lip answered. "no shit." Tess said, looking up at Ian, "i have Fiona's jeans i'm gonna go put them in her room."

"talk to your boyfriend why your up there." Lip called after the girl. "fuck you, Lip." Tess yelled, marching her way upstairs. "use protection." she heard Ian yell. she opened her backpack and grabbed Fiona's jeans, opening the bedroom door and just throwing them in there.

she turned around to be faced with a shirtless Carl. she took a step back and just looked him up and down. "uh sorry." he said, trying to walk past the girl. "wait." Tess grabbed his arm, "can we talk?" "yeah" Carl nodded, walking back to his room and Tessa following.

Carl put on a shirt and sat down on the bed. Tess just looked at the bed, then at Carl, and then stayed standing. Carl frowned and watched as the girl paced the room, picking at her nails. Tessa had definitely had some uncured anxiety, but nobody ever said anything.

"okay, so, things have been weird. i think we can both agree on that." she stated, looking towards Carl who nodded. his eyes did not leave the girl. "and the kiss was great, but i think that it was mistake. but, i do think that if it happens again that maybe it's worth a shot. you know at something real."

Carl didn't say anything, he just sat, thinking. the blonde stopped pacing and just stared at him. he looked up from the floor and at the girl. "okay. yeah, that's a good plan." he finally said. "great." the girl beamed.

but was it great? yeah Ian's plan worked, but it still scared Tess. she brushed it off and went back downstairs. she walked into the kitchen to find Ian, baking?

"what are you doing?" she asked, taking off her backpack and throwing it on the table. "baking. for the firefighters that saved me the other day." Ian responded, mixing whatever was in the bowl.

a knock at the door put a pause on the conversation. Tess went to the front door and answered it. she opened the door to find Chuckie and some lady. "Ian?" she hollered, not taking her eyes off the boy.

Ian came running to the door, and his eyes went wide. "i'll get Fiona." he said, turning of his heel and running upstairs. Tess let them all the way in the house, and Carl must have heard the yelling and came downstairs.

"what the fuck?" he asked loudly. Tess just shrugged and shook her head. "holy shit." Tess heard Fiona say. "hi, aunt Fiona." Chuckie waved. "Fiona Gallagher?" the lady asked, to which Fiona nodded.

"i'm Lysa, with Juvenile Detention Services." the lady introduced, "Charles is your nephew, correct?" "i forgot about the swastika." Fiona muttered, referring to the tattoo on Chuckie's forehead.

"this is listed as his address. his mom is incarcerated, and we have no other family on record." Lysa said. Tessa glanced over at Carl, who rolled his eyes.