sixteen

it had been a month and a half since Tess and Carl got together. Tess had been spending most of her time at the Gallaghers. summer was starting, and she was sweating just walking to the Gallaghers.

"mornin' Gallaghers." Tess greeted, walking through the backdoor. "mornin' Tess." the Gallagher's chorused. "first of the month." Fiona said, holding up a box, "pony up." Tess went to pull out money, but Fiona stopped her.

"Tess, you don't live here." Fiona said, handing the girl back her money. Tess waited until Fiona turned around and put money in the box. Tess ruffled Carl's hair and kissed his head.

"hey." he said, looking up at her. she smiled at his upside down face and planted a kiss on his lips. "what are you doing?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "trying to fix this fan." he said, wrapping electrical tape around the cord of the fan.

the two sat and talked, until Carl got up with the fan. "good luck getting laid smelling like fried dough all day." Carl said to Debbie. "you always smell like that. what's your excuse?" Debbie asked Carl. "uh, i have Tessa." Carl replied, winking at the blonde.

he tried to plug in the fan, but the outlet sparked, and Carl jumped backwards. Tessa just laughed. "haha, very funny. i could have died." Carl rolled his eyes.

Tessa got up and walked over to the boy. "but, you didn't." Tess smiled. Carl leaned down and picked Tess up over his shoulder. he ran to the couch and slammed her down.

before she knew it Carl was running out the backdoor. she chased him, grabbing her backpack on the way. once she caught up to him she jumped on his back.

at one point Carl put Tess down, and started running again. Tess followed after him. she caught up and grabbed his hand. they walked to rest of the way to where ever they were going.

"who's house?" Tessa asked, looking up at the house. "you'll see." Carl said, putting on sunglasses. Tess held his hand as they walked up to the door and Carl knocked.

when Dominique opened the door, Tessa stepped back. "what the hell are you doing here?" Dom asked, looking Carl up and down and then she noticed the twos hands. "nothin." Carl shrugged.

"well you got me grounded for a month and obviously you moved on, so." Dom said, trying to close the door. "where's you dad?" Carl asked, stopping the door open.

"morning, sergeant. ready to hit the shooting range?" Carl asked, looking up at Dominique's dad. "yep. let me grab my gun." Mr. Winslow said, turning around a walking away.

Dominique complained some more and then they left. they got to the gun range and went inside. Mr. Winslow explained to Carl things about the gun and then Carl picked up the gun. Tess watched as Carl shot the gun.

it was hot. she felt her face heat up and her stomach turned. Carl glanced over at her, and she just looked down. "Tessa, can shoot." Carl stated, looking between Luther and his girlfriend.

"wanna give it a try?" Luther asked, the blonde girl. "sure." Tess said, as she walked over to a new area. they all put on their noise canceling headphones, and Tessa picked up the gun.

"head." Tess shot the head. "right shoulder." Tessa shot the right shoulder. "left shoulder." Tessa shot the left shoulder. "right leg." Tess shot the right leg. "left leg." Tessa shot the left leg. "stomach." Tess shot the stomach. "heart." she finally shot where the heart would be.

she took off the headphones and Luther looked shocked, and a little scared. "i was raised by Mickey Milkovich for 4 years." Tessa explained, "name sound familiar?" "yes." Luther nodded. "that's my girlfriend." Carl said, wrapping his arm around Tess's shoulders.