twenty-four*

that night they wound up at the hospital. Tess was slumped down in a chair as Fiona went around with coffee. Tess grabbed her coffee and took a big swig.

"you reach Ian?" Fiona asked Lip. "i texted him. Carl?" Lip asked. "i called the school. he should be on a train home by tonight." Tess responded. "she look dead to you?" Lip asked Fiona. "uh, i only saw her for a second, they were putting her in the ambulance." Fiona replied.

Tess laid her head on Lips shoulder, and he put his arm around her shoulders. Kevin started to talk about something stupid, so Tess just closed her eyes and tuned him out. "Gallagher?" a doctor asked, catching Tess's attention.

Debbie, Lip, and Fiona got up, and Tess went and sat on the floor with Liam. "how you doing, bud?" Tess asked, smiling at Liam. "i'm hungry." he pouted. "i have a snacks in my bag. you want some?" Tess stated, grabbing her backpack.

Liam nodded, and Tess handed him the bag. he picked out a bag of chips and a chocolate granola bar. Tess helped him open them and he started eating.

Monica ended up dying from a massive cerebral hemorrhage. after Lip, Fiona, and Debbie went in to see Monica, they all went home. Tess was almost asleep on the couch when someone came through the front door.

"Ian?" she questioned, shooting up from the couch, "i thought you were going to Mexico?" she whispered. "i couldn't. theres too much to leave behind with no explanation." he shook his head.

"hey, look who the cat dragged in." Kevin said, as Ian walked into the kitchen. everyone looked over at Ian. "the fuck you been?" Lip asked him. "um, work." Ian muttered, and Tess rolled her eyes.

Tess grabbed a water, and sat the the table. everyone sat down and Fiona started, "you think we should call Bill?" "we even have his number?" Lip asked, looking over to Fiona. "who's Bill?" Tess asked, taking a sip of water.

"our grandad." Ian answered. "we have a grandad named Bill?" Debbie questioned. "we have an asshole named Bill who was Monica's father." Fiona replied.

they continued to talk, eventually emptying Monica's bag. it caught everyone's attention when Fiona opened a box, and a key slipped out. "what the tag say?" Lip questioned. "36 and Racine." Dione said, reading the tag, "and then '33, 7' or maybe it's a '1-2-8-8-4."

"Monica had an apartment?" Ian asked. "not a chance. probably some dump she was evicted from years ago." Fiona shook her head. Tess got tired and made her way up the wooden hill and to Carl's room. she laid down in his bed and passed out.

Tess rolled over and rubbed her eyes. she stood up outta bed, grabbing her phone and slipping it into her pocket. she made her way downstairs and smelt something cooking. as she entered the kitchen, she notched Carl and didn't say a word.

his back was turned to her, so she went up behind him and put her hands over his eyes. "guess who?" she smiled, as he brought his hand up to her wrist. "ummm, Lip." he joked. "no." Tess giggled. "Tessa." he said, pulling the hands off his eyes, turning around.

he picked up the girl, immediately connecting their lips. it was sweet. it was something they were both longing for after many long months. once they pulled away, Carl set Tess back down onto the floor.

"oh my god, your uniform." she beamed, looking him up and down. "you like it?" he asked, looking at the girl adoringly. "yeah. you look very handsome." Tess told him. "thank you." he said leaning down and kissing her again.

Tess helped him continue cook whatever he was cooking, before she interpreted. "hey, Carl." Fiona said, catching the two teen's attention, "oh my god. hi." "hey." Carl said, hugging his older sister. "wow." Fiona smiled, looking at him.