twenty-two

the blonde took a swig of coffee dropping the handful of meds in her mouth. she looked up to see Trevor walking down the stairs. "oh, you and Ian make up last night?" Tess asked, from behind the mug. "yes." Trevor smiled.

"hmm." Tess hummed in response. Trevor left, and seconds later Ian came downstairs. "your boyfriends back?" Tess said, taking another sip of coffee, "and not pissed." "yeah, he is. i'm done with Mickey, Tess. i mean it." Ian stated.

"okay, sure." Tess said sarcastically. "i am." Ian confirmed. "listen, Ian, you'll always love Mickey. you went on and on about me and Carl, and look we're together now. i guarantee the second Mickey comes back it's gonna be, 'Trevor who?'" Tess explained. "no." Ian said, one last time.

"okay, Ian." Tess said, patting his back, before sitting at the table. "i'm serious, Tess. i'm done with that part of my life." Ian said, turning to face her. "are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Tess asked, taking a sip of coffee.

"i hate you." Ian rolled his eyes, as he walked towards the front door. "i love you, Ian. have a good day at work." Tess hollered after him. she heard the front door shut and she was alone.

she got ready for work and locked the door on her way out. she drove to work and when she got there put her stuff in the back. "and he's back from the dead." Tess exclaimed, as Lip walked through the door.

"your an ass." Lip mumbled, walking past Tess. she watched as Lip dropped a glass cup and tried to pick it up, cutting his hand open in the process. "Lip, what the fuck happened?" Tess asked, walking into the kitchen.

"i cut my fuckin' hand." Lip fumed. "calm down." Tess hollered. "what's wrong with him?" Sierra asked Tess. "hell if i know. i'm gonna go talk to Fiona." Tess said, walking towards the front door.

she walked into the dry cleaners across the street. "Fiona?" she yelled, walking through the door. "Tess, what's up?" Fiona asked, looking at the teen. Tess didn't notice the customer's, who looked at her like she was crazy.

"sorry." she whispered, "Lip's over there, he's dropping glass dishes, and he cut his hand wide open. he also reeks of alcohol." "shit. he's drunk?" Fiona asked, and Tess just nodded.

Fiona stormed out the front door, and Tess followed her back to Patsy's. Tess watched from a far as Fiona walked over to Lip. "what are you, my babysitter now ?" Lip yelled across the diner to Sierra.

Tess watched as Fiona and Lip exchanged a few more words, until Lip took off his apron and walked out the front door. "thanks for telling me." Fiona said, patting Tess's shoulder. "yeah." Tess nodded.

after she finished her shift she went back over to the Gallagher's. she walked in through the front door and threw her backpack onto the coffee table. she sat down in the couch and turned on the TV.

at some point Fiona got home and sat with Tess, and they both watched TV until they fell asleep. someone stomping down the stairs woke the both of them up.

"what time is it?" Tess asked, stretching out her arms. "it's around midnight." Ian said, looking down at his watch. "i gotta piss." Tess said, standing up and walking over to the kitchen bathroom.

when she came out Ian was standing in the kitchen with her backpack hanging off his shoulder. "what are you doing?" she yawned. "we're going somewhere and i'm driving." he said, holding up Tess's car keys.

they got in the car and Ian drove them to some dock, Tess had never been to before. "what the fuck are we doing, Ian?" Tess asked, looking around. "you'll see." Ian stated.

they went and stood by the boats, until a man walked towards them. Tessa started to panic and hid behind Ian. "oh TJ, i know you not hiding from me." the man said.