forty

"what you doing, Debs?" Lip asked, as he made sandwiches. "sanding a circle around my dip canister, so i don't look like a poser." the redhead replied. "you are a poser." Ian stated.

"what does that even mean?" Tessa asked, feeding Cora, "the dip container?" "it means i'm a lesbian." Debbie stated, making Tess roll her eyes. the door to the basement opened and Tessa covered Cora's eyes as Carl carried up yet another dead dog.

"Jesus, how many more dogs are down there, Carl?" Lip asked, as Carl closed the door. "dogs?" Cora exclaimed, trying to pull Tess's hand off her eyes. "no. no dogs, baby. Uncle Lip was just kidding." she lied, glaring over at Lip and Carl.

the backdoor shut and Tess uncovered the small blondes eyes. "does anyone know what cocktail attire is?" Carl asked, walking over and kissing Cora and Tess on the head. "isn't it a little early for cocktails, even for a Gallagher?" Lip questioned.

"it's a West Point mixer this afternoon. says i need cocktail attire." Carl responded, washing his hands. "it's a suit." Tess stated, "i'll help you get ready." "who goes to drink in a suit?" Carl asked his girlfriend. "fancy people." she smiled, taking CJ out of her highchair.

"ah, fuck. Fiona's almost here." Ian said, looking at his phone. "what now?" Debbie asked, as Tess handed Cora off to Carl. "she wants to take me to my meeting." Ian stated, making all of his siblings erupt in "no don't", or "bad idea", "she thinks i should take an insanity plead."

"i think she should take an insanity plead." Tessa muttered, making Carl laugh, "it's true." "i know." Carl nodded, as he washed Cora's face. "how long would you get for that?" Deb's asked. "lawyer thinks two years, plus probation." Ian replied.

"did you take your meds?" Carl whispered over to Tess. "no." Tess responded, before running upstairs. she grabbed the meds out of her bag and took the handful, washing it down with the water bottle on the nightstand.

"oh, what smells like dead dog?" Tess heard Fiona asked, going down stairs. "it's dead dog." the blonde told her. "i'm taking care of it." Carl said, glaring at his girlfriend.

Fiona exchanged a few words with Ian, before asking if anyone else needed a ride. everyone said no, and then Debbie said something about her girlfriend. "who's Alex?" Fiona asked, pouring her coffee. "my girlfriend." Debbie replied.

"your girlfriend? you gay now?" Fiona questioned, smiling at Debbie. "yes." "no." Ian and Debbie said that the same time. Fiona told Ian and Liam to go, and then said something about washing dishes before they left.

"i gotta get ready for this cocktail thing." Carl said, getting up off the barstool, and handing Cora off to Tess. "okay." Tess smiled, before Carl started to walk off, "hey." she grabbed his wrist, and pulled him into a kiss.

"i love you." she whispered pulling away. "i love you more." he blushed, before turning and going upstairs. "you guys make me sick." Debbie stated, as she walked out the backdoor. "what?" Tessa asked, looking over at Lip who was smirking.

"nothing. you guys just went from being best friends, to enemies, to a family of three in like 5 minutes. it's crazy that you guys haven't killed each other yet, that's all." Lip explained, to the blonde teen. "yeah. i guess it is." Tessa agreed before making her way upstairs.

Tess walked upstairs with Cora on her hip, and passed by her and Carl's room hearing Carl mutter something. she walked into the room and realized Carl didn't have a tie on, and that said tie was on the floor.

"Carl?" she asked, placing Cora on the bed. "i can't tie the fucking tie." he whined, before picking up the tie. "here. let me." she smiled, taking the tie from his hands. she tied his tie and when she was finished noticed the way that Carl was looking at her.