thirty-five

"why is she crying?" Ian asked, walking into the kitchen at 2 in the morning. "she's teething." Carl said, making a cup of coffee. Tess paced the kitchen, trying to put a pacifier in Cora's mouth.

"i though she had teeth?" Ian said. "she has one, but she's growing more dumbass." Tess said, still pacing the kitchen. "sorry." Ian rolled his eyes.

"can you guys get her to be quiet Lucas is sleeping in the couch?" Lip asked, walking into the kitchen with Sierra. "what would you like us to do Lip? leave her outside? drug her?" Tessa exclaimed.

she hadn't slept in a few days, meaning her meds were off balance. she had an appointment tomorrow, and she was stressed. she was tired, and stressed. it wasn't a good combo.

"sorry. she's over tired." Carl told Lip. Lip just nodded and him and Sierra went upstairs. "let me take her." Ian said taking Cora from Tess. Tess walked over into the living room. Lucas was gone so she sat down on the couch.

"hey." Carl said sitting down next to her. "hey." she sighed, resting her head in his lap, "are we doing something wrong?" "no. we're not doing anything wrong." Carl stated, taking out Tess's messy bun and massaging her head.

"i got her to calm down. i think she's sleeping." Ian said, looking at Cora. "Tessa?" Carl asked. "her too." Ian nodded. "okay, just hold Cora for a few minutes. if you move her too soon she'll wake up." Carl told the redhead.

after a few minutes, Carl picked up Tess moving her up to the bedroom. Ian also moved Cora upstairs, laying her in the pac n' play. the next morning they were woken up by Tess's alarm. Tess got ready and when she went downstairs.

"well, Cora was up screaming all night, so we didn't get much sleep." Ian said, filling a cup with coffee. "i'm sorry, try to stay up 3 nights in a row with a screaming baby, and let me know how that goes." Tess said, taking Ian's cup out of his hand.

"you been taking your meds?" Fiona asked the young mother. "yeah, but i haven't been sleeping, so i have an appointment today." Tess explained, taking a sip of coffee. "good." Fiona nodded.

"maaaa." Cora babbled, as Carl carried her downstairs. "hi." Tessa beamed, taking the baby and kissing Carl, "you gonna hang out with daddy today?" CJ just giggled. "you gotta go." Carl told the blonde. "right." Tess nodded, handing Carl the little blonde.

Tess said her goodbyes, and then went out to her car. she drove to the hospital, and made her way up to the pediatric floor. even though she was a mom, she was still a kid. she got sign in and eventually got called in.

"hey, Tess." Dr. Bailey greeted, entering the room. "hey." Tessa said. "so they told me that you've been up for 2 days straight." the doctor said, starting her exam. "3 days. i got 4 hours of sleep in the last 3 days, and that was last night." Tessa explained.

"the baby keeping you up? what's her name again?" the doctor asked. "Cora, and yeah. she's teething. it's been rough." Tessa stated. "i bet. well, we're gonna get you started on some new meds, and see how those work." the doctor said writing the prescription.

"okay, great." Tessa said taking the paper. "i know it can be hard with a little one, but get as much sleep as possible." Dr. Bailey told her. "i'll try." Tessa said, before walking out.

Tess left and went and filled her prescription. while waiting for her prescription to be filled she took a 30 minute nap in her car. after getting her prescription she went back to the Gallagher house, picking up Carl and Cora and going to the zoo.

once at the zoo, Tess got out of the front seat and opened the back door. "hi." Cora said. "oh my god. hi." Tessa smiled, picking her up. "did she just say that?" Carl asked, standing next to them. "yeah." Tessa nodded.