forty-seven

"if we don't hurry we're gonna miss it." Tessa exclaimed, dragging Carl down to the beach. "okay okay, but Tess it's 6 in the morning." Carl stated, rubbing his eyes. "it's the sunrise, silly. of course it's 6 in the morning." Tessa smiled, still dragging the teen boy.

Tess could feel the breeze from the water, and it only made her go faster. the blonde was dressed a hoodie and a bikini. Carl carried the girls towel, still wearing his hoodie and pajama pants.

once Tess saw the water and sunrise she let go of Carl's hand and ran. on her way to the water she stripped of the hoodie, discarding it in the sand. as soon as the girls toes touched the water she dived in.

Carl watched from the beach as Tess's head popped up from under the water. the waves were calm that morning. "how's it feel?" Carl called, watching as the girl swam to shore. "cold." Tess grinned, running up to her boyfriend.

he wrapped the girl up in the towel, and they sat in the sand. "you happy?" he asked, as Tess laid her head on his shoulder. "yeah." she nodded, watching the sun rise. "good." Carl smiled, wrapping his arms around the wet girl.

once the sun was fully up the two teens started their hike back to the house. they entered the house through the back slider, and found her aunts sitting around the kitchen island.

"buenos días." (good morning.) Tessa smiled, as her and Carl walked into the kitchen. "buenos días chica." (good morning girl.) Celestine greeted, "vas a la playa?" (you go down to the beach?) "sí." Tessa nodded, as she sat on the counter.

"i'm gonna grab your meds." Carl whispered. "okay." Tessa whispered back, receiving a kiss on the forehead. Tess watched Carl walked away, and her aunt took notice.

"¿por qué te escapaste a la playa?" (why'd you sneak off to the beach?) Madison asked, before taking a sip of her coffee. "para ver el amanecer." (to watch the sunrise.) Tessa stated, putting her hood on her head.

"tener sexo?" (to have sex?) Paloma laughed, watching as her niece went red. "no." Tessa denied, "we did not." "didn't what?" Carl asked, coming back into the kitchen. "nothing." Tessa said, taking her med container from Carl.

"what about the other night?" Madison asked, getting up from her seat. "the other night?" Tessa asked, cocking her head to the side.

"AJ told us you two snuck off. up to shower i think he said." Madison stated, watching as now both her niece and boyfriend went red. "cause you did." Alejandro smirked, walking into the kitchen, "buenos días."

"i hate you." Tessa whispered, as he hugged her good morning. "you love me." he whispered back with a wink. "take your meds." Carl said, handing the girl a bottle of water. "okay." Tessa rolled her eyes, before taking a swig of water and dropping her meds in her mouth.

"thank you." Carl smiled, taking the girls med case back. "what do you take meds for?" a voice asked from the other side of the kitchen. Tessa turned to see Brendon standing there. "wouldn't you like to know." Carl stated, briefly turning to the boy before turning back to Tess.

"woah bro, i was just asking a question." he smirked, putting his hands up in defense. seconds later Brendon was pushed up against the nearest wall with Carl's hand wrapped around the collar of his shirt, "i'm not your bro."

"Carl." Tessa exclaimed, jumping off the counter. "Carl man, let him go. he's not worth it." Alejandro stated, trying to cut between the two boys. "yeah man." Brendon smirked, trying to egg Carl on.

"Gallagher." someone shouted, making Carl turn. Tess turned to see her dad standing there. she looked around the room and noticed her aunts out of their seats. "sir." Carl said, letting go for Brendon. "my office." José demanded, before turning and walking towards his office.