eleven

it had been about a month since Tess started her medication, and she was already feeling a lot better. she was sleeping better and was feeling more like herself.

"mornin' Gallaghers." Tess exclaimed, walking in the backdoor. "morning Tess." Lip greeted the girl. there was a baby by screaming upstairs. during Tessa's three day slumber, Debbie gave birth to Franny.

"cereal?" Lip asked, holding up the box to Tess. Tessa nodded and sat down at the table. she poured her cereal and started eating. "how long do you think she can go for?" Fiona questioned, walking into the kitchen, "morning Tess."

Lip and Fiona talked about Franny and Debbie for a while. until Fiona got in the topic of her wedding, which was right around the corner.

"you take your meds?" Lip asked, looking towards Tess. Tessa nodded due to the mouthful of cereal. "are you better now?" Liam asked Tessa. "i am." Tessa replied, getting up and pouring the milk into the drain of the sink.

Frank went on about being a real dad, and being next to Fiona on her big day, and somehow ended up taking Liam to school. "hey, Debs." Lip greeted, as Debbie walked into the living room.

"where you off too?" Fiona asked, as Debbie walked into the kitchen. "school. missed a bunch. gotta catch up." Debbie replied, grabbing a waffle off the plate. Sean ended up taking Debbie to school. insisting it was too cold to walk with Franny.

"you don't got school?" Lip asked, turning to Tess. "nope. can't go. they say that i have to stay out of school till my next doctors appointment. which is next month." Tessa replied, shoving waffles in her mouth.

something that came with Tessa's meds was an increased appetite. which wasn't the case for most people. usually being on so many meds made people's appetite decrease, but not for Tess. and lucky for the girl she had a fast metabolism.

"i do got work though." Tess explained, grabbing her backpack, "bye y'all." she yelled, walking out the front door. she walked to work and went she got there went and changed.

about half why through her shift Ian showed up. he was wearing his uniform for work. "look at you Mr. EMT." Tess smiled, poking at Ian, "you on lunch?" "yeah, you eat lunch yet?" Ian asked, sitting in the booth. Tess just shook her head, "take a lunch break."

"how about i put in our orders and then i take a break?" Tess suggested, Ian nodded and Tess took his order, wrote down her order, and then gave it to the chef. once she got their plates she clocked out and went to sit down.

"how you feeling?" Ian asked, cutting his food. "honestly, pretty great. it was hard at first, but now i'm on a schedule and i'm starting to feel more like my old self." Tess explained, "i do have a very big appetite, though. i feel like i'm always eating."

Ian just laughed as the girl shoveled food into her mouth. "it'll go back to normal." he said, taking a bite of his food. "went to go see Mickey with Carl a week ago. he was really worried, but i told him i'm on my meds and taking them like i'm supposed to." Tess stated with a mouthful.

"good." Ian nodded. the redhead could tell that Tessa was doing better. she looked happy. everything she did now, she did with purpose. she smiled more. they should have noticed her symptoms when she started acting out, but everyone blamed it on her having a hard life.

Tessa and Ian finished eating and Tess rung Ian up. Tessa worked the rest of the day and then retreated to the Gallagher house afterwards. she had fall asleep on the couch while watching a movie with Carl, but Franny didn't take the night off and woke up the whole house.

Tessa was curled up in the corner of the couch covered with a blanket. "gangs all here. must be infant-fucked-us-o'clock." Sean stated, entering the living room. "3 a.m." Carl added.

Sean scolded Frank for using his stuff, but Tess didn't pay too much attention. the door opened and Ian walked in. "hey." Tess yawned, as everyone greeted him. "i'm not gonna miss an old school Gallagher blowout." Ian said, taking off his beanie and putting over Tess's head.

"what's the occasion?" Ian asked, taking a cigarette from Frank. "Deb's kid. it's gonna be a long night." Lip answered. Lip asked Ian about work and his boyfriend, and Fiona asked when do we get to meet him.

"i met him." Tess stated, holding up her hand, Ian's beanie still sitting in her head, "or so i was told. i was drunk and high. don't remember much of it." "Ian." Debbie exclamation, walking into the living room.

everyone got up to see the baby, except Tess. Tessa sunk down into the couch and fell back asleep. once Debbie brought Franny back upstairs, the boys noticed Tessa sleeping.

"doesn't she have to get a full night of sleep on her meds." Lip asked, looking at the sleeping girl. "yeah. at least for the first few months." Ian replied, covering the girl fully with the blanket, "it takes a lot out of you."

Lip and Ian went to go upstairs, but not before noticing Carl sleeping at the other end of the couch. "their gonna get married one day." Lip said, as they looked at the teens. "oh yeah." Ian said, as him and Lip went upstairs.

Tess was up when Debbie came downstairs rummaging through the cupboards. she went upstairs and took her meds, and then went and brushed her teeth. "how is she so fucking perky?" Carl questioned, as Tess put her med case back in her bag.

"overactive adrenal glands from sleep deprivation." Lip explained, "i think she's headed for a major crash." "think we can give her one of my downers?" Tess joked, before leaving the room.

"got clippers anywhere?" Carl asked, Lip coming down the stairs. "why, you wanna cut your hair?" Lip asked, following the boy. "want something more cop-like." Carl responded. "dick rider." Tess hollered, receiving a middle finger from Carl.

all the sudden a brick came flying through the window, "fuck you, Frank." a man from outside yelled. Carl and Tess ran to the window as Ian grabbed the bat and him and Lip ran out front.

"who would do this?" Sean asked, picking up the brick. Lip and Carl started naming off people who it could be. "so this is normal?" Sean questioned. "everyone hates Frank." Carl and Tess said.

Debbie went on about it hitting Franny. then Sean said something about setting 'a fucking boundary.' Tessa ignored it all and went to the kitchen. "you okay?" Carl asked, putting a hand on the small of her back. "yeah." she smiled at him.

"i got you more poptarts." Carl said, pointing to the cabinet. Tessa just smiled and hustled over to the cabinet. she pulled out the box and opened it. she put the box back after pulling out a pack.

she opened the packing and handed half of the top one to Carl. "you take your meds?" Carl asked, taking a bite of the pastry. "yes, i did." Tessa answered. the two sat and ate until Carl had to go to school and Tess went to work.

at the end of her shift she got a call from Ian. "what's up?" she asked, putting the phone to her ear. "meet me at the Alibi." Ian said, before hanging up the phone. Tessa looked down at her phone and furrowed her eyebrows.

she hurried over to the Alibi and saw Ian sitting at the bar. "hey." Tessa said, sitting next to him, "can you put this behind the bar?" she asked Kev. he nodded and took the bag.

"you ready?" Ian asked, looking at the girl. "as ever." she replied. "i got fired today because i lied on my application and my certification." Ian told the blonde, downing a shot. "why would you lie?" Tess questioned, "Kev can i get a Shirley temple?"

"because they don't hire bipolar people into the medical field." the redhead explained. Kev put down Tess's drink and she handed him $5. "damn Ian, i'm sorry." the blonde apologized, rubbing his arm.

"am i gonna struggle to get a job when i'm older?" Tess asked. "they might not know. they only found out because of when i committed myself to the psych ward. apparently that comes up on a background check." Ian stated, "so just don't commit yourself to a psych ward and you should be good."

"good to know." Tess added, taking a sip of her drink. "how's it going with Carl?" Ian asked, taking a sip of water. "i wish it was more, but right now we're just best friends." Tess said, resting her head on her hand. Ian just nodded.

the two talked a bit more and eventually went home. Tess and Ian both crashed on the couch. when Carl came home and covered the two up with a blanket and then went and crashed upstairs.

INSTAGRAM:
@savana_love6857