thirteen

-CHICAGO, SPRING 2016

Tess walked through the big metal door and sat down at a metal lunch table. the other door opened and Tess shot up from her seat. after he was let out of the shackles Tess ran to him.

she jumped into his arms and buried her head in his neck. "hey, Mick." Tess laughed. "hey, TJ." Mickey said, kissing the girls head. they stayed like that for another minute, until Mickey put Tess down and they sat.

"how are you?" Mickey asked the blonde girl. "been better." Tessa replied, "and before you ask, yes i've been taking my meds." "then what's wrong?" he questioned the girl. "Carl." the girl replied simply.

"what the fuck he do?" Mickey asked, rolling his eyes. "okay, so before Fiona's wedding, that was called off cause apparently Sean is still a junkie. anyway, i was tying Carl's tie and he kissed me, then he gave me a fucking hickey." Tessa explained.

"he gave you a hickey? before the wedding?" Mickey furrowed his eyebrows. "he has a fucking girlfriend, Mick. so at the wedding, his girlfriend was there, and she's the one i punched multiple times. and she was being a bitch and i tried to be the bigger person, but then she made a joke about me being bipolar."

"please tell me you fucking hit her." Mickey, was intently listening to his sister. "oh yeah. and Lip and Ian let me get a couple of good hits before pulling me off. i also did the leg thing you taught me, so she didn't get a single swing." Tessa explained.

"good job." Mickey, high-fived her. "but then i stormed out, and Carl followed me and yelled at me and asked me if i was off my meds. then he said i kissed him. and finally he said he had to date someone from the south side." Tessa ranted. "you are from the fucking south side."

"oh but get this. Ian got a video of me and Carl kissing, and i used the burner phone you got me and i sent it to his girlfriend." Tessa smiled. "that's my girl." Mickey exclaimed.

"it just sucks you know. i just want Carl back. he's finally back and now he's with this skank bitch." Tessa's smile dropped. "listen TJ he's not worth it. if he wants to act like a dick and risk losing you for some girl that's on him, but he'll go back to normal, eventually." Mickey stated, grabbing the girls hand.

Tessa just nodded. she missed this. she missed Mickey. she missed the nickname TJ. Mickey was the only one who called her TJ, because when he found her all she knew was her first and middle name. so TJ just stuck with her.

"Milkovich." one of the guards hollered. "okay i gotta go. i love you." Mickey said, standing up. Mickey and Tess hugged. "i love you too." Tess said.

and Tess tried to pull away but Mickey kept her there. "i'll see you soon." he whispered, when he pulled away he winked at the girl. she just smiled and nodded at him.

Tessa left the prison and went out to her moms car. she got in the passenger seat and her mom started driving. "where's Ian?" her mom asked. "at the station." Tessa said, looking up from her phone.

when they pulled up to the station Tessa got out and went inside. "Ian?" she called out. "Tess, hey." Ian said, pulling her into a side hug and kissing her head. there was a bunch of people that watched this interaction.

"oh guys, this is Tess. she's... uh, the story's confusing, but this is Tess." Ian introduced, as Tess waved. "Sue." Ian called, walking into some back room, and Tess followed him like a lost puppy.

"hey, Sue i gotta go. Tess's got her appointment. i put in for time off."
Ian stated. "alright. see ya." She said, going back to whatever paperwork she was doing. Ian got changed and the two went to the car.