twelve

it was the day of Fiona's wedding. Tessa's mom gave her a ride to Gallagher's that morning. she walked into the house with her hair in curlers, a face of makeup, a zip-up sweatshirt, sweatpants, and a pair of slippers.

"mornin' Gallagher's." she hollered, walking into the kitchen. "morning Tess." Ian greeted, as the girl hung up her dress, "you look nice." Ian pulled her in for a side hug, and kissed her forehead.

"woah, what's on your head?" Carl questioned, poking at the curlers. "curlers, fuckface." Tess responded, slapping Carl's hand. "you look great, Tess." Fiona stated, walking into the kitchen. "well if it isn't the bride-to-be." Tess said, hugging Fiona.

"is your oh so lovely girlfriend gonna be there, Carl?" Tess questioned, filling a cup with coffee.  "yeah." Carl said, running a hand through his hair. Tess rolled her eyes and took a sip of coffee.

"you two take your meds?" Fiona asked, Ian and Tess. Ian and Tess looked at each other and responded, "yes, mom." Fiona just smiled and rolled her eyes.

"can someone go wake Liam up? he's gotta eat and get ready." Fiona asked, making Liam breakfast. "i will." Tess responded, running upstairs. she went to the boys room and stepped up on the bottom step of the bunk.

"Bean." Tess said, running her hand over his head. he opened his eyes and looked at Tess. "Tess." he beamed, hugging the girl. she pulled him out of bed and carried him downstairs.

Fiona gave Liam his food and he sat and ate. "anyone seen Lip?" Fiona questioned. "i think he said he was gonna meet us there." Ian said, looking up from his phone. Fiona nodded and went upstairs.

"i'm going to get ready." Tess said, grabbing her dress and following Fiona upstairs. Tess went to the bathroom and took her curlers out. she put her hair in a half up half down style with a little purple clip.

she closed the bathroom door and locked it. she slipped off her pajamas, throwing them into her backpack with her curlers. she slipped on her dress and shoes and then realized she couldn't zip the dress.

the dress, being a light purple, v-neck cut dress, with tule sleeves, and many layers of tule at the bottom.

"Ian." the blonde shouted, opening the bathroom door. Ian walked down the hall with half of his suit of and his tie untied. "yeah?" he asked, fixing the cuffs. "zip me, please?" Tessa smiled, turning around moving her hair.

he zipped her dress and she turned around. "you look stunning." he said, looking her up and down. his gay was truly showing, "do a spin. yes stunning." "thank you." Tess beamed, "can you not tie a tie?"

"i had fucking Frank as a dad, what do you think?" Ian responded. Tessa just rolled her eyes and reached up at the tie. "my dad taught me how too. he said that it's a good quality in a women. another good quality is that their resilient, which he says i am. he also says that tying a man's tie can be intimate in just the right situation. obviously not this one. another thing he told me is not to take shit from men. which i guess applies to you too." Tess spoke, as she tied Ian's tie.

"good to know. maybe go tie Carl's tie." Ian said, winking at Tess. she smiled and turned around. she walked into the boys bedroom, and found Carl was in fact struggling to tie his tie.

"you need help?" Tess asked, putting her head on his shoulder and looking at him through the mirror. "please." he nodded, turning and facing her. "i just helped Ian. he said you might need some help too." Tessa smiled, as she got to work on his tie.

"i didn't know you knew how to tie a tie." Carl stated, looking the girl up and down. he took in how beautiful she looked. "my dad taught me." Tess stated, "done." "you look really beautiful." he said, looking the girl up and down again.