twenty-seven

"he seemed pretty serious." Carl said, closing the fridge door. "for a meth head, he ran fast." Ian stated. "that's what i said." Tess added. "fuckin' Monica, fuckin' up our lives, even in death." Lip ranted.

it had been 5 days since the encounter with the meth head in the storage unit. to say that Carl, Ian, and Tess we're on edge was an understatement. the man knew what they looked like, and could probably figure out where to find them.

"hey, you okay?" Carl asked, noticing Tess'a fingers drumming on the table, the bouncing of her leg, and the blank stare on her face. "hmm?" she hummed, looking over to her boyfriend.

"did you take your meds?" he whispered. "yeah." she nodded. "okay." he said, holding her hand that was on the table. he could tell Tess was on edge, and just worried about the whole situation.

"agreed." Frank said, getting up from the table, "meeting adjourned." "'meeting adjourned?'" Ian asked, turning to face Frank. "you got some magical way to get 70 grand in meth?" Lip questioned.

"i do not. i simply don't wish to discuss it further." Frank replied. "are you high, Frank?" Lip asked, with a look of disbelief on his face.

they decided that if they just stayed clear of the storage unit and the cemetery that they would be fine. but, something down in the bottom of Tess's gut was telling her otherwise. it was making her sick.

Fiona and Liam came downstairs put a halt to the conversation. everyone started to leave the kitchen, Tess and Carl going upstairs. they changed into bathing suits and went and sat in the hot tub. it seemed to be their new favorite pastime.

Tess wound up in Carl's lap in a heated make out session. "oh, young love." a voice called from behind them. Tess jumped off of Carl, and they turned to see the guy from the storage unit and two other guys.

"fuck." Tess muttered, her and Carl tried getting to the other side of the hot tub to run, but they we too slow.  they were yanked back and Tess was pushed to the ground by one of the guys, holding a gun to her head. they held her there while the guy from the storage unit held Carl underwater.

"Carl." Tess screamed, "get the fuck off me." she continued to scream and fight, but the guys didn't seem to budge. a few minutes into this Ian came running out. "let them go." Ian yelled, hitting one of the guys legs with the bat.

this made the other guys let up on Tess. she brought up her knee and hit the guy in the balls, knocking him to his side, making him drop the gun. Tess got on top of him and punched him in the face.

she was pushed back down the ground, and held there while Carl was still held underwater, and Ian tried fighting off one of the guys. they got Ian down and held a gun to him.

"Monica's dead. we don't know anything about your meth." Ian said, holding up his hands. "bullshit." the man said, pulling Carl's head out of the water. "Monica is fucking indestructible. there's no way she just lost 7 pounds of meth, so either she smoked it, or she sold it, or her fucked up family stole it. and in any one of those scenarios, i am still owed 70-fucking-grand."

he pushed Carl's head back underwater, making Tess freak the fuck out. he was saying something, but Tess couldn't hear him over her screaming. when he let Carl up, they let Tess up too. she immediately ran over, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend.

"your okay." Tess whispered, as he held tightly onto Tess. Ian ran over, wrapping his arms around the two teens, despite Carl being wet and Tess being dirty.

once they collected themselves, they all went inside. Carl and Tess went up to shower, and then got changed. they went back downstairs and dug through the boxes labeled 'Monica.'