Chapter 17: Behind the Mask

-Third Person POV-

While the Four Ninja were evacuating the townspeople to the City. Lloyd, Misako and Benthomaar were making their way to Borg Tower after Cyrus contacted them about Wu. They arrived at the tower and the landed the Destiny's Shadow, and very they all went inside the building.

"Lloyd!" Borg uttered. "Thank goodness you're here!"

Lloyd noticed Wu was wearing something familiar. "Sensei Wu, is that the Dragon Armour?"

The armour wasn't the only thing Wu wanted from Borg, on his back were two legendary blades. The Dragon Blade and the Sword of Sanctuary.

Wu nodded. "Yes, you didn't think I would sit out the most important battle of our time? A battle against the very forces of Darkness."

"Wu, how did your meeting with the Commissioner go?" Misako asked.

"Not exactly as I hoped." Wu sighed. "But he and the Police Force are prepared against the assault, however I fear they will not hold out. Lloyd, where are the others?"

"They're evacuating the townspeople." Lloyd replied. "And Pixal is adding some adjustments, they'll be here very soon."

"Hopefully, they're only ones who can destroy the warriors." Benthomaar spoke.

"All we can do right now is stall the warriors long enough for the Ninja to arrive and defeat them for good." Wu said. "Benthomaar, can you cover the ground with the Police Force? Lloyd, Misako and I will take the sky and handle the temple." He asked.

Benthomaar nodded. "No worries, even if I can't destroy them. I can fend them off long enough."

"Good. Lloyd, Misako, I hope you're prepared." Wu looked at his family.

"Wu, we were at the Final Battle." Misako said. "We're ready for anything."

________________________

Oni Temple...

One his throne, the Crystal King observed his army march upon Ninjago City. Harumi noticed the City had many tanks all stationed in different areas. Very soon, she saw several jets fly out of the City and began their attack.

Harumi looked at her King. "The City is prepared to defend itself and fight back, my Lord."

"It matters not." The Overlord replied. "They're efforts will soon be in vain."

The dragonides flew pass the Temple and charged at the jets.

"Captain!" Pilot 2 yelled.

The Captain saw all the dragonides. "Everyone! Attack!"

The Air Force all spread out and began their battle with dragonides. Although several of the pilots were able to shoot the beasts and stagger them, it wasn't enough to destroy them or make them lose their flight ability. And unfortunately for the pilots, the jets were not as invincible as the dragonides and so the beasts were able to destroy them by blasting or tearing the plane apart.

"Pilot 2! You two right on your tail!" The Captain warned.

Pilot 2 tried her best dodge the blasts. "I can't lost them!!!" The two dragonides prepared to fire another energy blast, but before that could happen...