Chapter 38: Lesson in Anger

-Third Person POV-

~Flashback~

After Wu and Garmadon defeated Aspheera and freed the King, their Father, the First Spinjitzu Master, scolded them and took the two Scrolls away and hid them.
Garmadon was furious with Wu for all that had happened. So furious, Garmadon refused to sleep in the house and sit right in front of the Serpentine's border.

"Garmadon." The First Spinjitzu Master spoke.

Garmadon didn't even look at his Father. "It's a little, Father. You should be in bed back home with that... mouse."

The First Spinjitzu Master frowned. "I know you're upset with Wu..."

"And angry." Garmadon spoke bluntly. "I don't understand... why didn't Wu finish the job. Entombing that slimy snake will only create problems, especially those who are loyal or stupid enough to free her. If only Wu had killed her..."

The First Spinjitzu Master was both surprised and unsurprised at Garmadon just said. Surprised because of how a young kid, especially one who is his son, would say something sinister. And unsurprised because of his blood... the Oni.
This what First Spinjitzu Master feared ever since he created Garmadon. Fearful Garmadon might fully embrace his Oni side and become a savage just the demons from the Oni War.

The First Spinjitzu Master sat next to his son. "Some who live deserve to die, and those who die deserve life." He spoke. "Do not be so eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the most powerful creatures cannot show the strength humans are capable of. Something you and Wu have already accomplished."

"What do you mean?" Garmadon asked out of curiosity.

"The power to resist." The First Spinjitzu Master answered. "True strength isn't about taking a life, but sparing one. Can you resist the urge to take when there is none? Can you do it again?"

The reason Garmadon 'spared' Aspheera was not because of pity, but because he thought the Serpentine King would execute the traitor. Also, the Forbidden Scroll was far too overwhelming for him to handle, and therefore he dropped it out of fear.

I.. don't know..." Garmadon then stared at stars, wondering about the Future.

~Flashback ended~

Garmadon took Lloyd to a grassy field far from the Formling villages. There Lloyd was following Garmadon's introductions on how to obtain Oni Form, but sadly for both of them...

"You are terrible!!!" Garmadon shouted.

There was little to no success with Lloyd achieving Oni Form.

"I'm doing exactly what you said." Lloyd grunted.

Garmadon nodded. "NO! You're doing it with your body when you're supposed to do it with your mind. Your emotions!!!" He told his son.

"My mind? What are you talking about!?" Lloyd asked out of annoyance.

"Your Anger. The source of Oni's powers! That is what you need if you wish to achieve ultimate power!!!" Garmadon explained.

Lloyd was so confused, knowing that wasn't the case with Garmadon when he unlocked his True Potential.

"I'm pretty sure you obtained your powers from conflicts, similar to the Overlord." Lloyd argued. "Not any of these emotional nonsense."