Chapter 30: The Master of Amber

-Third Person POV-

~Flashback~

A baby was crying after she was given birth. The person carrying her was a young man in a purple-red attire and ponytail hair.

"Congratulations, Antonella." He spoke with no care. "It's a girl."

"Thank you, Clouse." She then grabbed her baby girl. "She's... beautiful..." Antonella smiled a little.

Clouse rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe his own Master made him the 'midwife.' Chen had so many people to choose and yet he decided go with his personal assistant. Chen's main reason was because of Clouse's magic. Not only will it be easier and less painful for Antonella, but Chen also hoped Skylor might somehow gain some magic power if this process was made.
But sadly for him... the baby never got anything magic related.

"Have you decided what to call her?" He then asked.

"Yes." Antonella nodded. "I've decided to call her... Skylor..."

~Flashback ended~

Skylor glared at the Sorceress Aspheera. Skylor knew escape would be extremely difficult, but fighting wasn't a better option either, especially if Aspheera gonna be dishonourable and attack thew child Skylor had just saved from the dragonide.

"Aspheera..." Skylor uttered. "Why are you here? How are you here?" She asked.

Aspheera laughed. "That's pretty obvious. I've been given orders by the KING himself to take this Realm. And that... is exactly what I'm gonna do. After I kill you, that little girl and all of these stupid looking monks!!!"

"Mmm!" The child hid.

"So, Skylor? What is it gonna be? Are you choose the cowards way out?" Aspheera spun her sword. "Or are you gonna stand and FIGHT!?!"

Skylor didn't answer. She simply softly pushed the child away.

"No!" The child begged.

"Child, listen to me. I'm gonna make an opening, and when I do... that's when you make your escape out of this fire prison." Skylor said.

"But! What about you?!" The child asked.

"It's okay." Skylor made a fake smile. "I don't belong anywhere..."

With that, Skylor used a little force to push the child away. Afterwards, she, without saying any word, charged at the General and prepared to kick her with full force. Aspheera responds by using the Sword of Corrupted Fire to block the kick and she later pushed her back with great force.
Aspheera then used the Sword to shoot a big fireball at the Master of Amber, but to her surprise...

Skylor manages to cancel the attack.

"What!?" Aspheera exclaimed.

"Don't tell me you forgot..." Skylor smirked. She then showed the Sorceress her hands and they were on fire.

"Right." Aspheera scolded herself. "You can steal and mimic the power of anything you touch. And because you touched the Sword of Fire, you can use the Element of Fire. I guess that makes sense since your father was nothing but a stealer."