Chapter 34: Your Greatest Gift

-Third Person POV-

Cole launches several large stone spikes at the Earth General, and Vangelis retaliates by cutting them with his Scythe. As many rubbles are floating in the air, the two Masters of Earth begin exchanging blows at incredible speeds, while using the rocks as platforms.
To Vania, the fight is happening so fast that a geometric structure of light is created from the speed of their fight. She tried to assist with Chompy, whom had just arrived to defend her. But unfortunately, she was distracted by some crystal warriors and crystal slaves. Before they started to overwhelm her, they were all knocked away by a few familiar faces.

"You guys..." Vania uttered.

Artist: Murata (OPM)

Cole charges and Vangelis prepares to counter, but the Earth Ninja activates his magma-arms and claps his hands to squish the General with the rocks they were using as platforms

Cole charges and Vangelis prepares to counter, but the Earth Ninja activates his magma-arms and claps his hands to squish the General with the rocks they were using as platforms. Vangelis got caught, and once he did, Cole took out the Sword of Sanctuary to cut the clipped rocks and Vangelis in half.
However, Vangelis broke out his entombment by releasing a dark aura, blowing the Earth Ninja in the process. Cole managed to land on one of the platforms and glare at what was happening.

"What now?" Cole asked with annoyance.

Like Aspheera, Vangelis was getting amped thanks to the Scythe being in combat. Activating the Scythe, Vangelis reformed the shattered rocks turned them into spikes, just like Cole prior.

"DIE!!!!" Vangelis shoots all the sharpened rocks at the Earth Ninja.

Cole, still in his magma-arm state, proceeded to cut them down, he even took out the pistol Scott gave him to shoot all the corrupted rocks. He then did Spinjitzu to redirect some of them. Seeing the opening, Vangelis flies straight at the Earth Ninja and proceeds to cut him down. Thanks to the Sword's ability to see the opponent's next move, Cole managed to block the Scythe with his blade, however the force was too much for the Earth Ninja, and he was then knocked back to the ground.

Cole was struggling to get up, the blow from the Scythe of Corrupted Quakes was far more powerful than he anticipated. As he was about to get on his feet, one of his was shot by a sudden web which were now purple.

"Webs?" Cole later gasped. "Don't tell me..."

Vangelis slowly flew down and laughed at his soon-to-be defeated opponent.

"Before I left Shintaro, I decided to bring some old allies." Vangelis smirked. "I'm sure you'll recognise them."

Appearing behind the General were the three Upplys who stayed to defend Shintaro to their last breath.

Cole frowned out of sadness. "Fungus... Plundar... Adam..."

Vangelis slowly approached his foe and raised the Scythe of Corrupted Quakes.