Chapter Zero

*set up chapter also Sara above*

3rd person pov

"Sara!"

Valeria Navarro's hands shook as she looked at the letter the owl had just dropped at their doorstep in the small village they lived in on the outskirts of Madrid.

An actual Hogwarts acceptance letter! And addressed to her daughter!

"Sara Josefina Navarro!" She yelled again this time using her daughters full name to make sure she heard.

Sara practically fell down the stairs as she heard her mother use her full name. She had been upstairs reading and hadn't heard her the first time.

Sara's dark brown hair was frazzled as she hurried to her mother. "What Mama?" She asked in Spanish.

"You got an acceptance letter! Your father's alma mater!" She responded quickly.

"What!?"

Both woman started squealing and jumping up and down as they hugged each other.

"I told you!" Valeria smacked her daughter's shoulder playfully. "You suddenly able to use magic was a good thing! Your father should be coming back from work in the markets. You should go ahead to meet him!"

Sara made a happy sound as she slipped her brown boots on and ran down the road towards the market leaving her mother to continue making dinner.

Valeria Navarro was unfortunately born a squib. The only one in her entire family to be born without the ability to use magic. She had been terrified that she had maybe given her daughter that 'curse' as well.

But a week or so ago while Sara was playing outside with her younger brother she had suddenly made all the flowers in the yard bloom on accident when she started laughing. Blue swirls had whipped around her but only Valeria and Sara had seen them.

Sara finally made it to the market where she saw her father closing up his small little cart. "Papa!" She practically screamed while shaking the paper above her head. "I got it! A letter came!"

Her father turned around confused until he saw the Hogwarts letter in her hand. He quickly hugged her laughing before taking the letter to read it. "This is amazing, princesa!"

Sara rolled her eyes at the nickname.

Hugo Navarro attended Hogwarts when he was a student. In fact, despite being born in Spain he had been raised in London. Thus he attended school as a Ravenclaw. He still had much a British accent when speaking English. And he always made sure his children spoke English and Spanish for when they go. He already had one son as a sixth year. And now he's have a daughter as a fifth year!

"I'm so proud of you! You'll be able to ride the train to school with your brother."

"But who will help you and Mama run the shop?" Sara asked as reality set in.