Stage 40

Note: Hi! This is the last chapter of Summertime Sadness, the third installment of the Lost Souls on Tour. I will never get tired of saying this; thank you for finding your way here! I hope while I was writing this story, you saw how I grew up as a writer. It was a mixed feeling nearing its end. And well, I guess? See you in Andrius' story!

Beforehand, I wanted to congratulate everyone who just graduated with or even without awards. I am so proud and happy for you all! I hope after ending another chapter of your life, you will still continue the rest of your story with a smile on your lips despite the hardships that you will be facing in the future. Soar higher, my luvs. 

-

Stage 40

"Far..."

I looked around, I am not sure where I was but when I saw the familiar plantation of our hacienda, I felt at ease. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyayari pero natutuwa ako ngayon dahil sa lugar na nasaan ako. I felt home just by looking around, like I was still a kid despite the years that has been passed. 

"Far..."

Umikot muli ang aking tingin sa paligid, hinahanap ang malamyos na boses na kanina pa tumatawag sa akin. Kumunot naman ang noo ko nang hindi iyon mahanap kaya naman naglakad-lakad ako. 

"Far..."

I opened my mouth to say something, but then I can't even manage to utter a word. Tila para ba'ng may...gumigising. 

"Far..."

Who are you? That is what I wanted to mutter but there was no voice coming out. I looked around again, just to see that person but all I could sight is the familiar garden of the sunflower around. 

Sinubukan ko muling maglakad. Ang pamilyar  na puting dress na suot suot ay sumasabay sa pag-indayog ng aking galaw. At nang humangin, sumabay naman ang aking buhok sa pagsayaw ng mga dahon sa paligid. 

"Wake up..."

Napatingin ako bigla sa aking likod nang marinig ang boses, tila bumulong sa akin. My eyes widened when I saw the familiar figure of my mother smiling sweetly at me. Bumuhos naman agad ang luha mula sa aking mata habang nakatingin sa kaniya. The warm smile on her lips grew more when she saw me walked towards her way but before I could reach her, the distance suddenly widened. Hindi ko marinig ang aking hikbi habang hinahabol siya. And every steps that I take, the distance widened more. 

She smiled sadly at me as she shook her head. It was like a cue for me to stop chasing her. Wala ako'ng magawa kundi ang umiyak na lang habang tinitingnan siya sa malayo. 

"Hindi pa ngayon, Far..." She said again, like she was near yet very far, too. Hindi ko maintindihan iyon siguro dala ng damdamin ko. 

"Wake up..." She said as she smiled. "Be happy..." 

And then, she suddenly vanished. 

I woke up hearing some people chattering lowly around me. Nasilaw pa ako sa ilaw na tumatama sa aking mukha habang pinapakinggan ang paligid at tila iniisip kung...nasaan ba ako. 

I saw my mother, I saw her! 

"She didn't text her bodyguards. Iyon ang sabi nila."

"I fired them already."

"Ry, it wasn't their fault."

I felt someone holding my hand while a thumb is caressing the back of my hand. Gusto ko'ng tingnan kung sino iyon pero hindi ako makagalaw nang maayos, tila para ba'ng may pumipigil. 

"Suriel, calm down..."

Nang marinig iyon, doon ko lang napagtanto ang nangyari. I was shot. I was shot by Bea and now, I am lying on a bed! I'm in a hospital right now!