22

MELO
-

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER

"Dip! Have you seen my Fire Red 4's?" Mariah yells from upstairs.

I pause the game and go upstairs. "What do you need again ma? Sorry, I was on the game."

She sits on the bed with her shoes in her hand. "It's okay, I found them."

I nod and walk out, but turn back around. "Wait we aren't doing movie night tonight?"

I frown and she nods with an apologetic look.

"Sorry Dip, I'm going to the studio with Jack. If you're still awake by the time I get back, then we can watch a movie."

She grabs her coat and gives me a hug and a kiss before going downstairs.

"I love you!" I shout from upstairs and I heard the front door open.

"I love you too!" She closes the door behind her as she leaves.

I sigh and go back downstairs to finish playing the game.

I check the time and text Gelo to see if he wanted to hang out.

"9:30, not that bad. I'm finna get ready." I shrug and go change.

12:55 a.m.

I fumble with the keys as I try to get the door open. After a lot of struggling, I finally got the door open.

I close the door behind me and take off my shoes and jacket.

I throw my keys in the kitchen counter and look in the wine cellar for any liquor.

I grab the bottle of Hennessy and take a couple of sips.

I'm really not even supposed to be drinking, I got a couple of months to wait until I can. Legally.

I hear Mariah coming downstairs.

I turn around and she had a taser in her hand, and she was wearing one of my LaFrancé shirts.

"Fuck LaMelo, you scared me. Jesus Christ you smell like pure alcohol. Why are you just now coming home I was worried-"

I grab her neck gently and pull her to me.

I kiss her and when I pull away she laughs. "Okay why are you being so dominant tonight?"

Honestly, I didn't have the answer to that question.

Well I did, I was upset about her and Jack. But I wouldn't let her know that, yet.

I grab her by the waist and lean down to her ear. "Bedroom now. You better have nothing on by the time I get up there, or I'll rip your clothes off myself."

She looks at me for a couple of seconds before turning around and going upstairs.

I sit the bottle down on the counter and make my way upstairs.