28

MELO
-

I noticed Gelo's car was outside as I pulled into the driveway, making me skeptical already.

I carry my duffle bag and the boba I got for Mariah in the house and upstairs to our bedroom.

Gelo and Mariah were laying down and it looked like she was sleep.

When he noticed I was there, he told me to be quiet and he got up slowly.

"No I'm not being quiet! What were y'all doing?" I raise my voice and Mariah starts to wake up.

She looks at me and sits up, her face was tear stained.

"Dip we didn't do anything, nothing happened between us." She sighed as she wiped her eyes.

I knew what she was crying about because I did it, yet in that moment I was still mad because my brother had to comfort her for my mistake.

Gelo puts his shoes back on and walks past me to leave.

Mariah got up and walked to the closet. I followed her after setting my things down.

"I saw.. the picture Ana posted of you and her. Your face wasn't in it but Melo, c'mon now. What other mad has the exact same hand tats as you? I'm not stupid, so don't lie and make it like I'm cheating."

"You're mad 'cause your brother was comforting me because of what you did. You cheated... whether you wanna believe it or not. Your hand was around her waist when y'all were posing in the damn mirror!"

Mariah starts to yell at me and her tears start falling down her face.

I start to say something but she cuts me off.

"No, you don't get to talk. LaMelo you're such a hypocrite! You get mad at me, yet you fucking cheated on me. One day you'll realize how much I love you, but as of right now we're over."

A stab to the heart. A punch in the face. A kick in the nuts.

That's what the last part of her statement felt like.

"I love you, I do. But cheating is something I just can't forgive you for. You could've told me if I wasn't enough, or if she was better."

"I may not have her fake ass body, all the modeling deals. But I know that I am the realest girl you'll ever have. I've been there for you since we were kids, before all the money and shit."

"I support you and your family! I'm here because I love you for who you are, or who I thought you were. But love is never enough sometimes."

Mariah wipes her eyes and shakes her head.

I didn't even realize I was crying until she said something.

"Oh now you're crying? Maybe you should've thought about how I would be crying before you did what you did, but you didn't."

She grabs a jacket from one of the hangers and slips on her Yeezy slides.

She grabs a tote bag and starts putting clothes in it. I just stand there watching her.

Preparing to leave me.