41

MARIAH
-

"I think that's the last of everything." I grunt as I reach down to pick up the last trash bag and hand it to Gelo.

"Thanks for helping clean up guys, y'all ain't have to stay." Melo comes back into the dining room pulling his sleeves down.

Mikey waves him off and shrugs. "Y'know we got you bro. Just 'cause y'all told Zo and Ally y'all would stay after to clean don't mean we ain't gon' help too."

They dap each other up, sending a loud echo through the empty dining hall. I huff and grab my heels off of the nearest table, where Evoni was sitting with Leo.

"Girl I'm worn out too, I think it was all that dancing. My feet are on fireee." She laughs and I smooth over my dress.

"Mine are too. As soon as we get home I'm going straight upstairs and getting in bed. And you aren't gonna give mommy and daddy a hard time are you?"

I ask Leo as I pick him up out of her arms with a grunt, he was surely getting heavier. He coos in response, so I just take it as a yes.

I start to gather me and Melo's 'cause we all were about to leave and go home.

"Hey, you guys finna leave?" Gelo comes over to where I'm standing with Leo in my arms.

I nod and he claps his hands before rubbing them together.

"Okay I might need a small, small, favor. It's nothing you wouldn't like to do though. Please just hear me out." The side of his mouth twitches, fighting a smile.

I squint my eyes at him before huffing. "Fine, what is it G?"

He celebrates silently before going back to normal. "So.. I know you don't like her, but, Nikki's niece's is a big fan of you."

"And she wants you to perform at her 17th birthday party. I know it's lowkey asking a lot of you but I know you miss singing B." He smiles.

I try processing everything he said and it causes me to frown again. "Gelo you know Leo isn't old enough for me to leave him alone with someone else. I have to take care of him and watch-"

"Nikki and I can watch him. I know it sounds bad but she's really good with kids, and you already know I wouldn't let anything happen to Leo." He interrupted me.

I chuckle and shake my head. "No no no no. She's not watching my son. Nope. I would love to perform again, but I can't leave Leo."

Melo walks over and takes Leo out of my arms, kissing his cheek. "Why would you be leavin' Leo?"

Me and Gelo share a glance before we both look at Melo.

"Riah won't take the offer of performing for Nikki's niece's 17th birthday party. I told her that I could watch Leo until one the party is over if you guys don't want him to be around a lot of people." Gelo re-explains.

Melo also frowns but then shrugs. "I mean I don't really like Nikki, but mamas this could be a good
opportunity and some more money for you."

"I think you should do it. I'm sure Gelo, or even I, can handle Leo until you get back. And if you don't feel comfortable with leaving him yet, maybe take him with you."