ᴛᴇɴ.

     The food in front of you remained nearly untouched, as the upcoming trial you and your friends would attend was all that haunted your mind and stomach. It would determine your friend's fate. All you felt was uneasiness-- dread.

     "A debate over Eren? What for?" Mikasa asked with her characteristic worry over Eren flowing within her.

     Many things could happen to him, Armin knew that. "I'm not sure, but it might be about what they plan to do with him," he presumed with the details he knew.

     "What does that mean?"

     "They may not let him live," you said rather straightforwardly as you looked down at your food, an uneasy feeling swelling up in you. "It's because they don't understand. They're just confused and they want some clarification."

     Mikasa instantly stood up, making the table shake slightly. The food in your bowl rattled, even.

     "Cadets Mikasa Ackermann, Armin Arlert, [Name] Flores. Hop to!" A voice belonging to an MP rang through your ears. You all stood up from your seats by habit from the two years of training. "You're ordered to attend and act as witnesses at today's deliberation!"

     After getting escorted to the courtroom by MP soldiers, it wasn't long until you saw Eren chained to a pole. He gave you and your friends a glance that made you assume that he was confused. You really couldn't blame him.

     "Alright, shall we begin?" He said as he looked at the paper in front of him. The court session commenced.

     "Your name is Eren Jaeger, and as a soldier, you have sworn to give up your life when called to for the good of the people. Is that correct?" He read off the paper. Eren replied with a 'Yes.' "As an enlisted soldier during the time of war, military doctrine demands your tribunal be held as a court-martial. As commander of our armed forces, this matter is left to my discretion. Thus, I will decide whether you like it you die."