ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ.

     It felt like a decade passed before you opened your eyes again. You must've suffered from a whiplash when Annie transformed and you didn't notice it coming. When you looked up from the ground, you were surrounded by the bodies of your comrades who failed to contain Annie. If you could just get your blade in your hand, you would have a chance.

     Reaching out to your blade, you winced at how weak your hand was. Your hand was shaking but you managed to get a grip on your blade. The strength you had left was all spent on trying to survive Annie's transformation.

     Standing up on your weak legs, you took in your surroundings. On an empty street in Stohess District, there you stood-- In the middle of a pile of bodies.

     You felt your legs fold, making you fall on the floor with heavy breathing. Fortunately, you heard ODM sounds from above you which may have been the ray of light you were waiting for.

     "Hey! Are you okay, [Name]?" One voice said above you, making you look up to see Jean. "You looked wiped out from up there."

     Armin approached you with a gentle hold on your shoulders. "Easy, there. Are you able to stand?"

     With one nod, you attempted to stand again while being more awake this time. Perhaps you stood up too fast earlier. "Our first plan failed. We'll need to resort to our other plan to succeed," he explained to you to catch you up.

     "Your gear's still working, right? We need to go after the Female Titan now," Jean said before trotting away, "Come on, you two!"

     With a heavy sigh, Armin looked back at you before looking around the bodies of disguised soldiers. "It... It looks like that blast annihilated everybody. I'm glad you were fortunate to survive. Are you-- "