ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ.

Soldier Barracks. Library.

     Leaning back in the wooden chair, you let out a shaky breath you kept in as you wrote another entry in your book. Your face felt like it was burning as you practically poured your heart and soul onto the rustled pages of your tattered journal. Now, as you look towards the open window beside you, the moon greets you with its nightly glow.

     If someone were to walk in on you in the library, they'd see a girl in a nightgown and undone hair sitting at a table like she was some sort of ancient ghost. So when Armin turned around the corner, he was spooked until he noticed it was you.

     "Hey, what are you doing here at this time?" Armin asked curiously, walking towards your table.

     You looked over, equally as spooked but you calmed down. "I should be asking you that too."

     "I asked you first."

     "I asked you second."

     He let out a sigh before pulling a chair from an unoccupied table and sitting himself on the uncomfortable wooden seat. "Mikasa and Sasha came to our room to ask if we've seen you. Your habit of not telling people where you are is rather concerning. Especially at this time of night."

     Realizing your journal was wide open, you quickly shut it closed. Of course, you didn't do it so discreetly, which made the blond more curious as to what you were doing.

     You held it on your lap as you sat up. "I just wanted to write with no prying eyes. It's nothing serious."

     "So you wrote for 3 hours straight? It's past midnight, [Name]."

     "Yes, I did. Is that weird?"

     "No, of course not!"

     "Hm. You made it sound like you did."

     He shook his head before shifting to a concerned attitude. "But come on. You should at least tell one of them before you decide to run off," he began to scold. "Or is there something else you're not saying?"