ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ.

     While on supply duty, you heard from a couple of other Cadets that Hange had a breakdown over the two Titan subjects who got assassinated. The next day, all Cadets and soldiers were called to get their gear checked, which you really weren't bothered with. You knew that you didn't do it, of course.

     The Elite checked off something on his checkboard, looking back up at you. "You're checked. Dismissed," he said, moving to the side where Christa was waiting with her gear set on the table.

     "Thank you, sir."

     Later that night was the time where you'd be picking your regiment. Also, you picked up a small journal in the market that you'd keep on you to write down events that happened for future uses. Who knows when you'd have a chance to share the journal with your future children if you decide to have any at least.

     "Jean! You're really set on the Scouts?" Armin inquired curiously, standing next to you against the wall shoulder to shoulder.

     Jean nodded, "Yeah."

     "Woah, are you serious? I mean, aren't you terrified?" Sasha asked him with her hands at her side. "You know what it takes to be a Scout? Like you know, possibly dying?"

     Jean with his ever-so-cocky stance slanted his head. "Huh? Of course, I'm scared. I'm not an idiot here. It's because I'm scared of the Titans, and I wanna do something about it," he said with refined confidence while being surprisingly modest. "But listen, I understand that joining the Scouts isn't for everybody. I won't guilt trip you. Unlike a certain suicidal maniac."

     That just reminded you that he's been a Scout for a while. It's been ages since you've last seen him. You wondered how things were going with that harsh Captain Levi since that courtroom trial. Hopefully, he isn't getting his ass beat as you think about it.