ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ.

7 Months Later. Trost District.

     Three figures sat on the empty bed in the dorm. Sasha was out in the market somewhere with Jean and Connie, so Mikasa had the room to herself. She invited Eren and Armin over to read the entrees that were left behind by [Name], who had been missing for seven months so far. Armin sat in the middle between his friends as his fingers flipped page to page.

     "She's got quite a mouth," Eren stated, recalling one of the sentences that he internally laughed at, "'Jean accused me of cheating in a game of chess today. I've got no reason to break rules in chess, but that horse-face loser seems to think otherwise. However, I feel better after knowing I've got waaaaaay more wit than him.'"

     Mikasa quietly laughed into her scarf, "She told Sasha and me about that."

     Armin set the journal behind him, grabbing the final one. The leather that protected the pages was less damaged than the previous ones. "This is the last one... She was in the library writing this before that mission."

     The girl set a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Do you wanna stop for now, or--"

     "No, I'll read it.

     Opening the pages, he found himself in the middle of it, where no pages were filled endlessly with words. He quickly flipped to the first couple of pages where her name was written, zooming past.

entry #end          no topic for this one

anything can go wrong tomorrow. something feels odd. cecilia and the others are after eren and i. i don't know what to do. i might die tomorrow. everybody might die tomorrow. for all i know i could be overthing this bullshit. but if im gonna die tomorrow i will do it with no regrets. im thinking about letting my friends read these journal entries. i trust them. 

i trust you guys.

if youre reading this, then i mustve entrusted you beforehand. thank you for going through all my entries. i hope i gave you something to do when youre bored.

if youre armin, please turn to the next page. please?

     As Armin read the question written delicately at the bottom, he paused with confusion. Eren nudged him gently, "What are you waiting for, bud?

     Armin nodded.

     Mikasa smiled, "Go on, then."

     He flipped the page.

hi. •u•

for a long time, ive wanted to confess something. now theres probably a reason why youre reading this but i already know why probably.

so i'll write it down.

turn the next page. •u• (sorry again)

     So he turned.

I love you, Armin. You've always been there for me. However, you don't need to feel the same. Not that it matters anyway since you're reading this.

Just know that I'll always be there even when I'm physically not.

You'll always be my daffodil. ♡♡♡

     He remembered what you said back in the library that one day.

"The Daffodil reminds me of you. The bulb of a daffodil is poisonous, but nobody would know because it looks gentle on the outside. You're strong on the inside, just like a daffodil."

4-5 Months Later

4-5 Months Later. The Sea.

     "I'm sure of it. This is the place."

     Armin looked up at the tall concrete wall that peaked up out of the sand. Only one thing was on his mind; the sea. The very thing that drove him to becoming a Scout in the first place. He knew he was close to the sea if they were able to reach the wall where they'd turn Eldians into Titans and dispose of them on Paradis.

     Before he knew it, water was flowing over his feet as they sunk into the sand. He watched as the small waves of water came crashing into his ankles mindlessly, only to see something peeking out of the water.

     It was some sort of rock to him until he realized that it was a seashell, just as it looked in the book.

     "You see, Eren? It's just like I told you. A body of water so big that merchants could spend their whole lives and still not get all the salt out!" Armin said in fascination. "That's what I said we'd find, and now it looks like I was right."

     "Yeah. The sea... It's so damn big."

     "Yeah. It is."

     Everyday. He wondered.

     He wondered what you were doing that very second.

i need to remember to put pinterest memes here