ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ.

     "All soldiers, halt!"

     You and the soldiers around you froze in their place, stopping their side conversations. All of the soldiers in the area had all attention on the Squad Captain who stood in front of you, a big, egoistic atmosphere enveloping him.

     "Alright rookies. Listen up! We're assuming an intercept position within the trees! Unsheathe and find a perch! If any Titans attempt to enter the forest, stop them, whatever it takes!" The Squad Captain supervised, though lacking important context.

     Nobody dared to ask questions, unfortunately. You knew full well that everybody had the same query in their heads and the looks on their faces were stained with either confusion or inquisitiveness. Well, you instinctively took one for the team this time.

     You raised your hand in the air, esteeming the higher authorial figure before you. "Sir, permission to speak--"

     "GET TO WORK!" He interrupted before flying up the tree, completely ignoring you and your comrades who had a concern about the situation. The captain didn't even let you completely raise your hand to a point in the sky.

     He settled on a tree branch up above as you observed him with a dirty look on your facade. You've never felt so disrespected before in your brief time in the Survey Corp, and this was way worse than Cecilia's constant teasing.

     You sneered at the captain's abruptness, throwing your hand down back at your side "Didn't even let me get a single sentence in there, that conceited little--"

     Then you choked on your words, halting your breath. Armin pardoned you with a slap on the chest with his arm. He didn't say anything but he gave the man his blue narrowed eyes. Taken aback, you decided to shut up about the crude leader and pretended to forget about it. You all took your places in the trees like a bunch of hawks.