ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

     Walking along with Mikasa and Historia, you carried some logs the three of you cut together. A week has passed since you had to retrieve Eren from the traitors and the death of Hannes. The four of you planned to visit his grave in the yard dedicated to the fallen soldiers of the military, but it had to hold off until later for now.

     "I bet Armin's worried sick about you right now," Historia smiled at you with a small, lighthearted chuckle.

     "Why do you say that?" you ask as you adjust the wood that you gripped under your arm.

     "You two are attached at the hip, you know?" she teased you with a certain look in her eyes. "We all can tell. We've all noticed that he's been more defensive when it came to you recently. That, and... you two are quite dense with each other."

     The words that came out of her mouth made you turn your head rapidly. "We aren't dense! Also, defensive? What's that supposed to mean?"

     "They're always protecting each other like that," Mikasa spoke, carrying thrice the amount of weight you and Historia were carrying. "So I'm not sure what you mean by that either."

     The three of you made it back to the small cabin your squad was staying in. Eren was cleaning and dusting the wooden furnishings as everyone returned earlier. In your mind, he very much looked like a busy mom cleaning the house in the morning in your opinion. When you entered the house, you were met with a pair of worried eyes.

     "We're back," the Ackermann next to you proclaimed as the blond walked up to the two of you. In your head, you couldn't tell if his over-protectiveness was a blessing or a curse.

     As you and Mikasa walked ahead of Historia, Armin held a concerned hand out to the both of you. "Were you two just... chopping firewood?"