ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ.

Wall Maria. Shiganshina District.

     This whole time, you forgot the fact that you were one of the targets of the traitors alongside Eren, meaning that you were to be protected by the Scouts. That thought led to another, which made you debate on whether or not they would even let you close to the dangerous trio that were watching from afar.

     Hange stood a fair distance from you and Mikasa, who were equipped with the newly-invented thunders spears. After giving you a signal, you and Mikasa leapt off the rooftops and headed straight for Reiner. The weight of the thunder spears slowed you down through the air just a tad, but the power it made you feel was satisfying.

     Your spears pierced the other side of Reiner and you brought your arm up, aiming the point right in his glowing eyes. Mikasa and you pulled at the exact same timing, making fire bloom out of his eyes.

     Sliding onto a nearby rooftop, you looked back at Reiner, who was caught by surprised as he roared in pain. Jean, Sasha, and Connie came in with multiple soldiers behind them, all readied with the Armored Titan's weakness. Before you knew it, the air was full of vibrant explosions and loud banging sounds.

    After the fire cleared, everyone began to celebrate the defeat of the Titan. However, you felt yourself more aware than you were when you initially got here. You glanced at the distant houses, seeing if there were any oddities around, watching your every move.

     "You two okay?" Mikasa's hand on your shoulder snapped you out of your trance.

     Armin had a frown on his face. "I guess so. It's not like we can negotiate."

     You felt internally conflicted and defeated at his words. "Huh? Wait, we can't talk it out?"

     "Think about it," he spoke, "Their side has the knowledge. They make us look just as ignorant as we are weak. We don't have the ability to capture someone who can turn into a Titan on a whim. Which means... there was nothing we could do."