Koffee with Karan

Kainaat x Aryan

"No!" 

"But Aryan, listen to me at least yaar!"

"No! Absolutely not!"

"Uff Aryan! You're just so stubborn." Kainaat huffed and sat on the couch.

Sometimes it was so difficult to talk him into being a bit more social. Kainaat totally got his introverted self. She was aware of how uncomfortable he became in front of a camera, even if it was just for a picture. 

It felt like those flashes and small camera lenses haunted him. Traumatized him. 

But his career field needed socialism. It required him to do interviews, be more vocal, and express himself. 

And with each passing month and day of his web series ready to release, her dear husband was dreading the thought of going out for promotions. 

"I don't understand, why do I have to go out and promote a Web series? Also why the Director? The Actors and Cast can go on. They are the main moment." Aryan complained and sat beside Kainaat.

He hated seeing her upset or angry with him. It meant no kisses. No hugs. No cuddles. Nothing until her mood fixes.

"Yes, the actors and cast are the main moments. But it's your first Web Series, Jaan. It's your hard work. The first time people will be witnessing your talent and vision on screens. It's your 'main moment' as well. You've worked so hard day and night after the script and the direction. The release day is going to be your big day as well." Kainaat said softly caressing her husband's face.

She gets it. His insecurities. His vulnerabilities. His flaws. 

She was in awe and proud of his decision when he decided to become a director. Instead of an actor. Because everyone knew and they could see, he was natural on screen. His eyes had something in them which shouldn't be wasted behind the camera lenses. But he went along and stood firm with his decision. He didn't want that 'actor ka beta actor hi banega' tag. ( An actor's son is going to be an actor only)

Aryan always had his own vision and was a quick learner. With little help and teaching, he decided and chose the second-best option. To become a Director. 

"Tumhe pata hain, mujhe yeh sab pasand nahi hai K. I'm happy with my cast getting the opportunity to express themselves and getting calls from various shows. But it's not my space. I'll get so awkward." Aryan said keeping his palms over Kainaat's.

         "You know very well that I don't like all this, K. I'm happy with my cast getting the opportunity to express themselves and getting calls from various shows. But it's not my space. I'll get so awkward."

"But you're always a natural when it comes to conversations. It's just gonna be like that. Plus it's Karan Uncle's show, and Baba is gonna be there too. You don't have to feel nervous and weirded out. It's going to be alright." Kainaat said putting on her best puppy face.

"It's not about Karan Uncle. It's not about Baba. It's not about the conversations. It's about the aftermath. People are already so cruel and pissed off at me, for God knows what. It's as if being Shah Rukh Khan's son is my greatest Sin." Aryan said frustratedly facing his back to her.

Nobody was getting him. Not even his own wife. 

"Aye tumne mere pati ke saath kya kiya?" Kainat asked with her suspicious 'lawyer' eyes.

       "Aye what did you do with my husband?"

"What?!" Aryan looked back startled.

"Yeah! I mean my Aryan wouldn't have ever said such negative words. Also, nothing is going to be wrong okay? It's just about one evening, go out, do the show, have fun and return back to me. And you have to face criticism, no matter how good or bad it is. There are always going to be some people, 'trolling', and 'bullying' others unnecessarily. But it doesn't mean that you will hide inside the safe walls of your room. You have to go out there, fight your battles, win them, and return back home. As long as you don't allow them to hurt you, they will never be able to hurt you. You can't let one mere 'interview' make you feel so restless." Kainaat said looking straight into his eyes.

He looked at her with a pout. He knew she was right. He needed to do this one day or the other. 

"You pouting isn't gonna melt my heart or change my decision." Kainaat said.

"Okay, I'll think about it. Anyway, they're shooting for it after two weeks." Aryan said pulling her closer in a hug.

He still wasn't too sure, but he was gonna give it a thought. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Plus, it's Karan Johar's show, someone whom he has known his whole life. And his father was going to be there as well. It is supposed to be a collective interview. His father speaking about Pathaan's Success, Jawan, and Dunki. While he speaking about his brand Dyavol and the upcoming web series. 

So according to recent news, SRK and Aryan Khan are gearing up to appear on the first episode of Koffee with Karan, season 8.

This was requested. 

Do give a read to my new book 'Timeless'.