Naisha x Aryan [01]

Plot ~ Naisha and Aryan met on the sets of the web series 'Stardom'.

Naisha x Aryan [requested]

Naisha's Dream Job

\\ Naisha \\

Movies. Films. Cinema.

It's all that I think about. Dream off. Day-dream about.

I know, I know being an Indian the term 'Cinema' is a big part of our life. Bollywood. I dream and breathe in Bollywood. My morning starts with the classic Bollywood songs playing at the back as I get ready for the day, and ends with watching a movie, every single night. And every Friday, Riti, my best friend, and I go to the PVR Cinemas to watch new movies. 

Riti and I both completed our BA (Hons) in Professional Filmmaking from Mumbai University. We just graduated last year, and luckily Riti got the opportunity to work as an Assistant Director for Dharma Productions. My life on the other hand took a different toll. I had to go back home to New York, as my father fell ill. Being the elder child, I had to be there for my family. 

But this year, 2023. It's going to be my year. I'm going to conquer, learn, fall, rise, make mistakes, and rise again. I made plans to come back to India. I mean the USA is great, and I love New York; but as Anjali said in K3G "saare jahaan seh accha, Hindustan hamara yeh kabhi mat bhoolna!", this single dialogue stuck with me like a moth.  

I know, I may sound too filmy, and that is one of the reasons why I need to enter the Indian Film Industry, not anywhere else. I love Hindi Films, too much to put my time and energy somewhere else. 

And guess what? Your girl just got lucky. After coming back to Mumbai, I started filling out forms and applications to assist the directors. I wanted to gain some experience and make connections before starting off my solo journey as a Director. I wanted to be part of the fieldwork. I applied everywhere, from Dharma to Balaji Motion Pictures, Maddock, Tiger Baby, Bhansali, Yash Raj, Star Studios, Excel Entertainment, Pen Indian Limited, T-Series, Red Chillies Entertainment, and so on.

I applied as many as I could. Even if there was only a 0.001% possibility of them selecting me, still, I did. It's better to try than to crib and regret it later. 

And I tell you, out of all those never did I ever expect to receive a call from the 'Red Chillies Entertainment'. Red Chillies had a close net with their staff, and they were always very choosy and picky in terms of selection. When I received a call, my mind thoroughly went to the anticipation of being on the same set, breathing in the same air as Shah Rukh Khan. But the caller broke my tiny little dream, saying that I was selected as an assistant director of a new web series that they were producing and making. The Director is new, and he is making his own team. The series will be out on Netflix. 

"But is Shah Rukh sir going to act in the series?" I asked in anticipation.

"No dear, Shah sir's schedule is already packed. It's a new director, the team will be new, the actors will be new, and the story will be new." The caller replied.

The Caller didn't give me much hope, but something is better than nothing right? And I was happy, at least I'll be able to learn, have some set experience, and be in the midst of lots of creative people. Also, the pay was good, for an assistant director; so it's a win-win situation for me. 

I instantly said a 'yes' and agreed to take up the post. I was elated. Working with Red Chillies was indeed a big opportunity, and would look good on my 'Cover Letter'. Also, it was a good networking environment. I was excited to start this new journey. 

Soon enough, I got an email from Radhika, the person who just called me. She gave me a schedule of the days of the shoot, and before that, they were holding a small formal 'meeting' session to get to know each other. It was for all the cast and crew, and our leader the Director. 

The email goes :

      Hello Naisha,

      I hope this email finds you well in health and mind. 

      I would like to inform you that Red Chillies Entertainment is organizing a small get-to-gether, rather humble 'meeting' session to get to know the team. There will be the actors, the VFX team, the Tech team, the Writing team, the Assistance team, and lastly the Director (AK) present. 

     We are gladly inviting you to join our team and attend the meeting. It will be great to know and understand one another before the on-field work. It'll be a brunch, be present by 12:30 pm/1 pm.

     We will be holding onto your presence. Wear anything casual and comfortable. 

     Regard,

     Radhika. 

Huh? AK? Anurag Kashyap? 

What?!

stay tuned for part 2.