Our Imperfect Love [01]

Shloka x Aryan 

[requested and collaborated]

In the heart of a bustling Mumbai city, where skyscrapers pierced the clouds and luxury was an everyday affair, lived Aryan Shah Rukh Khan. As a Fores Magazine's 30 under 30 billionaire businessman. The Khan group of Industries touched every aspect of the field. From cosmetics to textiles, construction, pharmaceuticals, automobiles, shipping, and electronics. Aryan left no stone unturned to work day and night to push his business toward the sky and beyond. Within the span of the last six years that he entered and took over his father's business he expanded and developed it in fifteen different countries with an annual net revenue as far as 230 Billion US Dollars.  

He enjoyed a life filled with opulence and extravagance. 

However, there was one thing that Aryan despised more than anything else – nature's company.

He avoided venturing away from the city at all costs. Aryan's aversion stemmed from a traumatic childhood experience. Growing up, he often ventured into the wilderness with his family, but during one trip, a tragic incident occurred. They were attacked by a pack of wild animals, leaving Aryan scarred, both physically and emotionally. Since that day, he vowed never to step foot in nature's realm again. 

Despite his worldly success, Aryan found himself leading a lonely existence. 

His only solace was in the company of his younger sister Suhana. She was full of life, always seeking adventure, and had an infectious personality. Aryan might never admit it openly, but Suhana and now his youngest sibling Abram were his only solace. They filled vibrant shades of color on his white canvas. Their laughs and mischievousness charged up his soul. 

His siblings. His best friends.

And then one fine day, Suhana introduced Aryan to her best friend, Shloka.

Shloka Sharma. 

A simple yet high-spirited girl from Punjab, Bhatinda. She had an immense love for nature and animals. She was part of various Animal rescue teams and Animal welfare NGOs.

The girl crashed into his life with such force that he had no other way out but to make her the center of his attention. They didn't like one another. It was an annoyance at first sight. 

But that didn't stop them from intriguing each other. 

Shloka met Suhana at the New York University [NYU], they belonged to the same batch. While Suhana completed her Undergrads as an Acting and Film student, Shloka was there as a student of Fashion Design and Styling.

She loved New York, no doubt. But as they say, there's nothing like your own country, your own people, your family, your blood. And she missed her town, Bhatinda. So after completing her Undergrads, she decided to grab a flight back to India, with Suhana. 

Months and days passed by, and Shloka would travel back and forth between the heavy traffic and busy life of Mumbai City, but her soul craved the peace of nature. Any free time she would get, any holiday or long weekend, Shloka would catch a flight or train to her hometown.  She loved being surrounded by breathtaking landscapes. 

She would often invite the Khan family, to visit her hometown. And they did. Except for one individual. 

Shloka pitied Aryan after Suhana shared his 'phobia' with her. It made her heart swell with sadness, that he missed out on the beautiful nature, just because of one mere incident. But, it made sense. They say old memories die hard. It might be hard for him. After that she would often try to invite Aryan personally to visit her hometown or the animal welfare NGOs, hoping to ignite the lost love for nature that dwelled within him. 

But, each time he would politely decline. Offering one excuse or the other. 

Despite his reluctance, Shloka never gave up on him. She believed that somewhere deep within, Aryan longed to embrace Mother Nature once again. Thus, it started. With every interaction, she would share stories of hanging gardens, mesmerizing sunsets, and the serenity of untouched forests. It was on her bucket list, to visit the Safari World, in Africa. Her words did resonate with Aryan, but he couldn't bring himself to act upon it.  

But something between them changed. They both no longer hated one another. As the months passed, Shlka was helping him to take baby steps. She would often ask out him and Suhana for hikes and camps, and sometimes even Abram would join. They would visit the local zoo, and pet the animals. Go out for walks, long walks. Plant fresh flowers and trees, around the whole garden of Mannat. Talk endlessly for hours.

Aryan's admiration for Shloka grew day by day. He knew, maybe it was wrong. She was his sister's age, her best friend. Maybe she just saw him as her brother, but he couldn't keep his thoughts straight. He liked it. He liked speaking to her for hours, after an exhausting day of work. He liked making plans with her and hanging out with her. 

He no longer felt annoyed by her presence. He felt at peace. Because she would listen. Listen to him speaking out about his 'phobia' or 'illness'. She would not make him feel less. She would be present and interested in the conversation. She would not name it 'just a joke or phase' and shove him away. She was willing to help him. Help him get over it.

Her free-spirited nature and the love she radiated drew him closer like a moth to a flame.

He found himself falling for her, captivated by her zest for life. It was during one of their conversations that Aryan decided, he couldn't let her slip away.

But fate had other plans in store for Shloka. And she couldn't believe it.

Her parents had set her up for an Arranged Marriage. She felt forced. Compelled. Emotionless. But she couldn't stop her parents. They didn't want to hear her say.

Her whole life flashed in front of her.
Childhood. Parents. Laughter. Friends. School. University. New York. Suhana. Animal Welfare. Nature. Aryan.

Aryan.

That guy. Her best friend's elder brother.

Shokal was never in a relationship. She just couldn't bring herself to. Firstly, her parents were conservative, not orthodox, but conservative enough to drive her mad.

They put her in an all-girls school and college. Forbidden her to have 'any relationship'. And she just obliged. 

Then NYU happened, Sholka was selected on her first try and was awarded a 50% scholarship. She was hell angry with her parents when they said 'no' to NYU, but that brought out her rebellious self. She fought back and made her name in the current fashion world.  

In all these years, other than a few mild crushes here and there, she was never in a relationship. She just couldn't bring herself to. She didn't get the 'hook up' culture, she wasn't fond of casual dating. She believed in the old school romance. Other than that, she never was that into any guy, she had better things to worry about. 

But now. After knowing him. It felt different. It felt wrong.

Hey Darlings!
Hope you're all doing well.

This was one requested and collaborated with my darling
YoonaPark2000 !!

She gave the idea and wrote this first part. I just filled-in the gaps.
Do check out her account.

And Naisha x Aryan's next parts will be out soon!! Dw!

Till then, be safe. Take care. Love love <3