5 : Undying wrath - Alk

"Wake up , wake up , WAKE UP !" Alk heard a voice say . He opened his eyes to see Iro next to his bed .
"How did you got into my room ?" Alk said with sleepy eyes .
"You forgot to lock your door" Iro said .
"Why do I need to wake up right now..?" Alk said grumpily .
"The Resistence are attacking us RIGHT NOW ! Almost all the Finders are outside fighting"
Alk jumped from his bed "Why don't you say so ?!"
He quickly put his boots on , ran to his closet and got out his weapons' belt and jacket and put them on .
"Let's go now !" Iro said impatient.
Alk ran to the door and opened it then ran on the corridor to the stairs .
"Where are you going ?!" Iro yelled behind him "Don't tell me you are going to take the stairs !"
"Is there another way to get down ?!" Alk yelled back .
"YES ! The elevator right there !" Iro pointed to the far end of the corridor .
"ALRIGHT !" Alk ran to the elevator .
Iro ran after him "Did you got here by climbing the stairs !?"
Alk's cheeks became red with embarassment "Yes.."
"The elevator was right at the end of the main hall !" Iro said .
"I didn't see it !" Alk snaped "And we should focus on getting down faster !"
"Good job at changing the subject" Iro rolled her eyes .

Outside the base the fighting was at it's highest peak . Lots of people with white masks and silver capes where fighting the Finders .
The Resistence, Alk knew . He unsheated his sword and jumped into battle kicking and slashing .
Alk saw one of the Resistence slashing with their daggers swiftly . People of the Finders where falling to the ground around them . Alk ran at the person from the back , preparing for a surprise attack . He got his dagger out of his weapons' belt . Alk stabbed at the demigod's side where his cape couldn't protect him .
Surprisingly the demigod moved away from the attack , Alk's dagger only doing a little cut on his clothes . The demigod turned his head to see who attacked him . Alk heard him laugh . It sounded like a hyena's .
"What a confident apprentice we have here !" the demigod said . Alk felt him smirking from behind the white mask .
"I will show you how confident I can be !" Alk ran at the demigod with his sword ready . He tried to slash with his sword but the demigod dodged his sword with one of his daggers .
"Come on ! That's all you can do ?" the demigod said .
If it was an attempt at making Alk angry , it worked just fine . He threw his dagger at the demigod , not aiming for a precise spot to hit . The throw was so fast that even the swift demigod couldn't dodge it . The dagger sank into the demigod's stomach . He lost his balance and fell to the ground .
Alk smiled then walked to the demigod and took his dagger back . He returned to the main fight running and dodging attacks .
Alk observed one of the Resistence at the back of the fight running around the crowd , sometimes dodging attacks from finders . They looked around Alk's age . They ran to the Finders' base . Realization kicked in Alk's mind.
The keys to the Vault are in the base . They planned this attack as a distraction to get the keys ! , Alk ran to the sneaking demigod .

"Hey ! Stop right there !" Alk yelled while running after the demigod .
If you won't stop running I will lose all my stamina ! , Alk thought . Sweat trickled down his neck as he breathed heavily .
To Alk's luck the running demigod tripped over a stone and fell to the ground .
Alk ran to the demigod and pointed his sword to their neck .
"Surrender or die" Alk said .
"I- I surrender.." a girl's voice said from behind the white mask .
Alk didn't lower his sword "Swear on the River Styx you will not run away after I lower my sword !"
The demigod stood silent . Alk put the tip of his sword closer to the demigod's neck .
"Fine , fine , I swear on the River Styx !" the girl snaped .
Alk lowered his sword "Now get up"
The demigod stood up .
"You already know where I will take you , right ?" Alk asked .
"The ...Prison ?" the girl's voice faded as she said the last word .
"Yes , but not before interrogating you at the base"
Alk heard the girl snore "Isn't it kind of dumb ? To take me to the base ... the place where I was going ? You just made my work easier !"
Alk smirked "Don't worry about that . Besides the fact that you can't run away , the base is not empty and if you try anything ... I won't hesitate to kill you "
After Alk said that they both walked in silence .
"What is your name ?" the girl suddenly asked .
Alk raised an eyebrow "Why do you want to know that ?"
The girl sighed " I know I shouldn't tell you this but I am searching for someone from here . I thought that maybe I will have the chance to find them in the fight "
Alk frowed "Who ?"
"By chance you know an Alkaios ?" the girl asked .
Alk looked at the demigod with surprise "I am Alkaios ... what do you want from me ?"
The girl looked at him from behind the white mask . Alk saw her striking blue eyes wide in surprise "I- uh.. it is a pleasure to meet you " she said .
Alk frowed at her "Again , what do you want from me ?"
"I do not know how to say it without you killing me before I finish .." the girl said . Alk felt her smiling nervously behind the mask .
He sighed . The girl stopped suddenly from walking . She searched in her pockets and pulled a folded piece of paper out . She gave it to Alk .
Alk raised and eyebrow at the demigod " What is this ? Blackmail ? Did the son of Kronos sent you ?"
"Uh... who ?" the girl asked confused .
"Nevermind .." Alk unfolded the paper . He recognized the reminder he wrote the night before the tournament . He quickly took his dagger out and pointed it at the demigod's neck "You were the one who killed her !" he yelled with more of a questioning tone .
"Let me explain !" the girl snaped , clearly panicking .
Alk lowered his dagger .
"I was on a mission to retrive a relic that our High Priest said it was in your house . The one who killed your mother was my mission-mate . He moved too fast for me to stop him .." the girl explained "I'm so sorry.."
Alk looked at the horizon , a tear in his eye "Get back to the Resistence..." he mumbled .
"What ?" the girl said confused .
"You heard it right . Get back to the Resistence !" Alk snaped .
"But I can't run away "
"Then walk away !" Alk said then walked to the base . The fight was ending , the Finders winning and the Resistence retreating .

Alk sat on his bed looking at the paper the girl gave him . Out of rage he crumpled the paper and threw it across the room .
Alk heard some knocks on the door .
"Enter" he said .
Iro entered the room "Hello , my brother Alk ! Congrats to us on the fight !" she said cheerfully .
Alk forced a smile "Yes .."
"And congrats on the kill " Iro said .
Alk raised an eyebrow " What kill ?"
Iro frowed "When you stabbed that demigod in the belly ? He ended up dying"
Alk blinked few times in shock "Really ?"
"Yeah , congrats . He was one of the best assasins in the Resistence . His name was Zoferos and he was a son of Eris . My brother , I do not know where you got all this luck from !" Iro said smiling .
Alk chuckled .
"I'm kind of jealous " Iro said leaning on a wall "I overheard the generals disscusing to give you the official finder rank early"
" Wow..!" Alk said in shock .
"And just so you know ... I will not tell anyone what you did back there .." Iro walked to Alk and patted his shoulder "..when you let that demigod go "
Alk's eyes wided in shock "You saw that.."
"I see everything.." Iro said "I am not going to ask why you did that . I am sure you had a good reason " Iro walked to the door "Good night , Alk"
"Good night .." Alk said .
Iro left the room and closed the door .
Alk was lying on his bed and looking at the ceilling .
I don't think I will manage to sleep, he thought .