57 : Uncovered lies - Iro

Iro almost dropped the lit candle she was holding in her hand . Her other hand was over her mouth , stopping her from making any sound . The rumour was true .. Alk killed Chrys . Tears formed in her eyes but she blinked them away . But did Chrys not say that he was not involved with Aemilious anymore ? Why would he want to avenge that bastard ?
     Iro meant to visit Alkaios . She wanted to make sure he was doing alright . But when she reached his door she heard voices coming from inside it .
      For a moment she was about to kick the door open and fight anyone who was inside , thinking that Alkaios was being attacked . But she waited , listening in to the muffled voices talking . And as she heard more of their conversation she got more and more  shocked with each word . Alkaios is calling whoever he is talking with ..Phedora . Phedora really stands behind this closed door ? She frowned . Why is Alk not doing anything ? Does he know Phedora ? And he has been sneaking into the Resistence's base ? Has he been plotting with our worst enemy this whole time ?
      She lightly leaned her head on the oak door , wanting to hear more .
"And all had happened because I could not bring myself to hurt you . Because I.." Iro heard Alkaios' voice die at the end . A small silence settled between him and -supposedly- Phedora .
"Because you what , Alkaios ?" the girl's voice broke the silence .
      Iro bit her tongue . Now that I think about it.. this girl's voice seems familiar .. Iro searched through her memories , trying to place the voice with someone she met . Then it all clicked inside her brain . She is the brown haired girl from Hecate's temple . So I was right . Phedora was one of the two girls I met at the temple ...
"Because I... love you .."
..Alk...no.. Iro froze in front of the door , her eyes wide . No no no no ... This time a small tear escaped one of her eyes , rolling down her cheek . I knew he loved someone ... but I never knew it was one of the Resistance ... and worse , the Demigod of Prophecy even ! Iro breathed heavily , trying to calm herself down . Alkaios.. what are you doing ? What have you got yourself in ? She distanced from the door , finally being able to move .
     Iro ran down on the dark corridor , wanting to get away as fast as she could . Is it happening all again ? She thought as she ran . Getting betrayed by the one I least expect ? Chrys lied . Alkaios lied . I wonder who else lied to me .
     She took the elevator , pressing the button for the sixteenth floor . What should I do ? Iro thought as the elevator went down . Report it to the other generals ? She tapped her foot on the floor quickly while fidgeting with her blond braid . But can I really do this to Alkaios ? He may have lied to me all this time ..but from his words he seemed to be regretting it as much as he should . He is still my brother . The elevator door opened and Iro stridded outside . He was driven by his emotions like always . She sighed . I will shut my mouth about it for now ... but one thing is for sure . I can not trust Alkaios anymore .