40

You couldn't breathe, it's as if his words and eyes were suffocating you, his border-line dangerous words making you fear for yourself.

It was a familiar feeling, the feeling of chills and paranoia. It was the same feeling of the lingering heavy stares you always feel around your neighborhood.

You were scared, you started to shake but instead of feeling pitiful, Ian only smiled. It was gentle, his eyes warm, you could almost see your pitiful self reflected in his Crimson eyes.

"Aww.. No need to be scared! You just need to stop ignoring me and it'll be fine!" He laughed as if it was nothing.

You don't know what to feel about this, you know you said you've moved on from the novel but..the Ian you knew here and in the original never had behaved like this.

You only wanted to have a normal day for once and return to the way everything was but then, this happened.

Ian is a mischievous person who loves to tease people, annoying and arguing with someone is his pastime but he's nice despite being quite the sadist.

You...you didn't know he could be this dark. You don't know if it's just a dark humorous joke or a real threat but you feel like the latter is the answer, though you refuse to believe it.

"So moving on." As if he didn't just tell you that he'll kidnap you once you ignore him, he smiled delightfully and the dark look in his eyes disappeared in an instant.

"What caused you to avoid me and the others? Did someone bully you again? Or is someone perhaps...trying to stea-" Ian was cut off when the twin sister came towards you and greeted you good morning.

"Y/n, good morning." They both said with smiles on their faces, cutting Ian's word.

"Goodmorning Diane, Diana."

You felt relieved that they were there to interfere with the scary moment with Ian and immediately took this opportunity to escape.

You stiffly smiled at Ian and excused yourself to hang out with the twins who were joined by Hana.

"Let's go to the cafeteria, I'm hungry!" Hana complained, pulling you away from your chair and away from Ian, who was silent.

"It's early in the morning! Did you not eat your morning breakfast?"

"I ate some but I'm still hungry! Let's just go! No questions asked." With that Hana dragged the twins and you out of the classroom, completely abandoning Ian.

After a few seconds passed, Ian scowled. It's as if the whole room's temperature dropped and everyone suddenly felt cold.

'So, they are one of the reasons huh?'

---

"Brother, do you think we did something wrong? N/N has been ignoring us for weeks now." The depressed and lonely Christina asked her equally confused brother.

Theo could only question himself the same. Did he do something wrong?

With the way you were so determined and adamant on running away from them hurts him. The hole in his heart continued to grow and those days you ignored him, left him restless, made him sleepless on thinking what he had done to possibly make you mad.

"I don't know either.." He could only hope that you'll come around soon and talk to him and his sister.

It's been lonely without you...

The morning walks towards school that he used to look forward to only made him tired, the break times at school where he'd spend his time eating with you isn't even worth waiting for without you.

He had completely lost interest in anything he once loved because you were no longer there to share those moments with him.

"Let's just hope she'll come around soon. I'm sure she'll come back so don't worry."

Ah, how lonely he is...