46

Unfortunately, they did.

You were supposed to be taking a rest without any commotion and have your sleep but they just wouldn't let you be.

Those three days you spent on your bed were spent on them using this opportunity to come to your house and fuss over you.

Every single day, every single one of them. Your house was treated like a hospital with the amount of visitors.

What are you? A patient with some kind of grave sickness that needs constant monitoring?

But honestly, it was better. You have someone to talk to and look at. You have entertainment while boringly bedridden.

The ones that came very often were Christina and Theo, always having something to bring with them somehow. They were your neighbor's after all so it's easier for them to go anytime they want.

You don't know how the other's knew where you live but maybe they just asked around.

But on the fourth day, you were already feeling well and you can already return to school. You bet you'll have a lot of things to catch up to and do.

The tests, the new lessons and more.

Honestly, the siblings were treating you as if you'll collapse any minute even if you're already healed enough. They're hovering around you like some helicopter or guard.

"I'm fine really! See, I can jump without feeling sick or tired." You told Theo who has a frown in his face, watching as you jumped. Currently, he was standing beside you as you both waited for Christina to collect all the letters people had slipped in her locker.

It's an everyday thing that never stopped. Everyday there's a new confession letter and she had to take an extra bag with her to put the letters in. If she didn't, her locker would be full of them.

Besides, she's kind enough to actually read them and put them somewhere safe and not ignore them.

"You still look tired." He sounds not convinced at all. If you weren't there listening to him talking to your parents, he would've successfully convinced them to lock you up in your bedroom because you're still 'sick'.

Thankfully you were there and stopped him. You don't want to lay in your bed for any longer, your back is starting to hurt and there'll be moss growing there if you stay.

As much as you love doing nothing and staying in bed, you know it'll only increase the workload you'll have to rush in school every and each day you go absent.

"Because we walked a long way!" You retorted, closing your eyes muffling a groan. Theo only raised an eyebrow in amusement, watching as you tried not to combust and fully argue with him.

It was cute, seeing you like this.

Though, seeing your turned and red sweaty face in bed was quite good too. It's a guilty pleasure, the others would've thought so too.

But as possible, he didn't want to see you struggle and weak. It scared him seeing you sick, this one is far worse than the other minor fevers you had.

"Would you rather me carry you until school then?" Theo asked, a smile stretching out to his lips as he saw you look at him in disbelief. He stopped the urge to laugh, maybe he's getting affected by that blond friend you have.

Ian was his name wasn't it?

"What? No, everyone will see and that's so embarrassing. I can walk." You told him, shaking your head despite screaming mentally for help on what to do. He's treating you like a child and fussing over you as if you're a baby or some sort.

Not when you're literally older than him in spirit wise.

But, he does act more mature than you so...

"If you say so." It irks you, seeing him with an amused smile on his face.

"I'm finished!" Christina finally arrived, a gift bag full of letters in hand. She quickly crossed arm with you and smiled, well atleast Christina knows how to act normal.

As you expected, as soon as you entered the class everyone stared at you. You can tell they were curious, they heard you pass out.

You were literally the talk of the grade now.

You're suddenly more infamous. Famous for being friends with the popular ones and now famous for literally blacking out and being carried to infirmary.

You awkwardly placed your bag on your table, Ian was already there as always. He pulled your chair back and let you sit.

He was nonchalantly staring at you with his chin resting on top of his hand. It's quite unnerving as the others stared and gossiped too. Ian opened his mouth to say something.

"Glad you can attend school now, restroom girl."

"Yeah, I'm going to get buried with school work though." You answered and he only sighed, pulling a stack of notes.

"I'll help you with it, knowing you fully well you wouldn't have the capacity to do them all properly." He pushed the papers towards you.

"Hey what do you mean I don't have the capacity to-"

"Let's head out to the library later." He cut you off, making you grumble but take the notes anyway. It was all neat and organized, sheesh he knows how to take notes well unlike you who has doodles in every corner of your notebook.

You flipped through it, did he take note for you? Wow, he actually did and now this'll be easier to catch up with.

"Thank you for the notes Ian." You thanked the man, he gives you mixed feelings sometimes. The later he makes you feel annoyed and small, the later he makes you feel thankful to him.

"No problem."

As soon as he said those words, two students entered the class, talking loudly as they always did.

"Really? Ms Villiers suddenly left her job? What for?" Wow you've only been gone for days but the nurse whom you last saw in school actually retired?

"I don't know but my aunt said even when the school offered her a higher salary, she still wanted to retire." She must've wanted to leave to reject a higher salary like that.

"Maybe she found a better offer somewhere." That's actually a possibility.

"Maybe but it's hard to find jobs today y'know and besides she's got a big mouth, we would've already known if someone actually offered a job to her." Right, she's a prideful woman sometimes.

She boasts and sometimes will be the school topic.

"Eh, I hope they actually hire a good doctor or nurse." That, you agree.

Their conversation ended there as someone shushed them for being loudmouths early in the morning.

You turned to Ian and whispered. Hey you're curious y'know.

"The school nurse left her job?" You wanted to confirm. Ian glanced at you and whispered back. Now both of you look like legit gossip girls in the back for the class.

"Yeah, no one knows the real reason but it's good that she left." Ian shrugged, your eyebrows furrowed. Does he hate Ms. Villiers or something? Theo and Christina seem to do too.

"Why is it good that she left? She's actually quite good, y'know."

"She doesn't know how to fully take care of someone Y/N."