25

The song "Us and Them" 2011 remastered version from Pink Floyd fits this chapter so perfectly!
I recommend you listen to it while reading.
Enjoy ❤️!

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT DUUSU?!!!" Nathalie exclaimed loudly which she shouldn't have.

The woman only realized a few second after she yelled that she could've been heard by the man who she was hiding from.

Instantly, she hurried to cover her mouth so nothing more would be heard, but while she wasn't speaking, her little friend was:

"How could I not know?" The peacock smirked.
"I'm the kwami of Emotion, I know everyone's every emotion ever."

"I-I-...so he likes me?" The assistant whispered curiously to which Duusu's smirk only widened.

"Likes?" The kwami chuckled. "Please! He has an obvious crush on you."

"Seriously?"

"Oh yes! He just doesn't want to admit it, and you also don't want to admit that you like him! You two are the same."

"Duusu!" Nathalie whined, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes narrowed in anger, the woman's stare was louder than the painful noise of nails on a chalkboard.
"Stop it!"

"Just admit it Miss, and I'll stop."

The assistant deeply sighed to the sound of that.

There were many reasons which restricted her from being able to admit such things;

Firstly, her feelings towards multiple people had been heavily influenced by the peacock miraculous, therefore, she couldn't have known if what 'love' she was feeling was pure, or just a side effect of the broken brooch.

Secondly, Nathalie was aware Hawk Moth had someone else who he loved, in fact, the supervillain said to have had a whole family.

If those reasons wouldn't have been more than enough, she also dreamed to escape Paris and change her identity, because of this, loving whoever the villain man was would've been absolutely impossible.

Explaining all this to Duusu was more than complicated, even the tiny kwami felt quite overwhelmed by the end of it.

She also felt unexplainably sorry for ruining her owner's life and causing her to be sick as well as emotionally unstable, but she couldn't help herself either.

Ever since the peacock miraculous had been damaged Duusu too has had terrible mood swings and painful sicknesses.

They were basically suffering together and neither of them could be saved.

"I'm sorry." The little kwami's trembling voice whispered. "You're the best owner I've had so far Miss Nathalie, and I'm very sorry for hurting you."

"Oh Duusu." The dark haired woman smiled as her heart felt warmed. "I wish we could fix this for both of our benefits."

"Me too, if it wasn't that terribly risky."

"What?" The assistant questioned as she'd heard something her miniature friend has never said before.

"If it wasn't that terribly risky."

This immediately caught Nathalie's attention, since by phrasing herself in such a way, the kwami basically indicated that there was a secret way.

So the woman almost instantly wondered:

"Is there even a way at all?"