42) The Morning Light

****another steamy chapter****

Theo

The light of the day is entirely drained and turning into morning by the time I finish up. Disposing of Alosious wasn't as sad as it should have been. I expected to be more upset about his death, but instead it filled me with a sense of clam and relief. Besides being the reason River died, he was the man who tormented my mate. And damn, did he succeed.

I still remember seeing her beautiful caramel skin etched in a look of sheer horror when I found her that day. Her violet orbs swam in tears as she had to force herself away from her mother. It about tore me to fucking shreds.

Just from that alone, I would have killed the motherfucker on the spot. Blood or not, he fucked with what's mine. And I don't have tolerance for that.

We had to burn him away from civilization and my pack. That smell travels and is downright rancid. I took Jason, my most trusted warrior with me. He never asked questions or said much of anything at all, he just did what I asked. I liked that about him, his loyalty and acceptance of my authority.

We made it all the way out a few miles with the can of gas and body without one word, and all the way back with none as well. It was the silence I needed to clear my head from all I said to my brother before I killed him. I gave him my parting piece, then killed him the same way he killed our brother. Wolfsbane.

It was notoriously the worst way to go out. Some women who lived to tell the tale stated that it was worse than being in heat, and that there was no way to ease the pain it causes. I made sure it seeped into the motherfuckers veins nice and slow, so he could feel every effect of it. If he made Adeline experience torture, then I was ready to step in and be his karma.

Just the thought of her was helping me forget all about what conspired the past few hours. I remember sending her to bed while I took care of everything. Surprisingly, my father told me that I had better take good care of her, and that she was good for me. I wasn't sure what conspired against them, but he must have respected her a hell of a lot more than I expected.

Thinking of her silky skin on our black satin covers gives me a hard on. Her bouncy, smooth tendrils filling up the pillow behind her, holding so much of her scent that it should be a sin. She smells fucking devine. Like warm vanilla and shae butter. I was so tied to her that her scent alone stirred up arousal in my dick.

Jason and I part ways with a nod, and I begin the ascent into the massive black house before me. Adeline gushes about how she loves the gothic look to it, so I plan on changing absolutely nothing about it. And here I thought she would want a brick house with black shutters and a white picket fence.

When I reach our room, I turn the knob and open the massive door. The sliver of light from outside doesn't make its way in the dark room, thanks to the new blackout curtains that Adeline insisted on me getting. I didn't even think about it, I ordered them on the spot. She doesn't even realize the hold she has on me.

I see the small glow of the fireplace, which is beginning to die down, leaving a dim glow that falls on the most gorgeous woman Ive ever laid eyes on. She's face towards the door, sleeping on the side I typically would. The light dances on her face as the fireplace flickers, showing me her arched brows and long eyelashes. Her button nose pops out of a pile of blankets she has hiding the bottom half of her face. She's so damn adorable, I want to scoop her up and hold her against me while she sleeps blissfully.