22) The Next Move

***TRIGGER WARNING: TRAUMA AND NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE***

The last thing I want is to trigger anyone. If you're uncomfortable with traumatic events, please don't read this chapter.

I hadn't realized the massiveness of the estate until I really walked around it. We must have walked for a few minutes before reaching a room with the door cracked. We pushed it open to find Andrea in a bralette and spandex applying her makeup in the mirror. As soon as she heard us walk, in she beamed.

"Come on in! I hope you didn't have any trouble finding me?"

Mal shook her head. "Just followed your directions."

Andrea pointed to the bathroom connected to her room. "There's outlets in there and plenty of counter space for makeup, and I have a mirror in the window over there. You guys can settle wherever you like."

I smiled at her. Andrea was too sweet.

"Thank you, Andrea."

We all three went to work and Mallory helped Andrea with her eyeshadow as I styled my hair. I put it up in a decorative bun, looping pieces through one another to give it more decoration. We all talked, and Andrea told us what to expect tonight. She said that many packs will be at the event, and that most of them would be southern bordering packs. Events like this were created to keep peace among the packs, she explained, and allow members to work through any business relations and socialize with one another.

"It's the main reason we are in harmony, Jordan does it every so often to benefit all the packs," she informed us. "So it will be very crowded. And you two will stick out as sore thumbs, so I suggest putting your hair up to hide the scent a little better."

Once all of our makeup and hair was done, we all slid on our dresses. Mal's athletic figure was flattered by an a-line light grey dress with embroidery on the torso. She put her hair into a loose fishtail with peices framing her face. Andrea had slipped on a form fitting white velvet evening dress, that hugged her petite frame perfectly. She had straightened her hair and pinned the top half up. They both looked gorgeous.

Mine was surprisingly comfortable. The satin shone and flowed as I walked to put shoes on. I was thankful that it hugged me tight in my cleavage so people could tell I had a figure. I'm sure Theo wouldn't feel the same way though.

We all made our way down the stairs where music could be heard. People had already began to arrive and I heard the low chatter even form across the house. The event room was closer to the entrance of the house, so the closer we neared, the louder the voices got. Our heels all clicked on the ground and could no longer be heard echoing with all the noise. A familiar face walked through the doorway, and Mal and I turned to glance at Andrea. She visibly looked relaxed, but I'm sure Jordan didn't realize she had sucked in a breath at the sight of him. As we neared him, he ripped his eyes away from her.

"Good evening ladies. You all look ravishing." He greeted. "Come this way, Theo and Griffin are waiting for you two at the entrance."

He ushers us towards him, and discreetly puts a hand on Andreas back. She shakes it off, her same fake smile plastered on her face. I try not to laugh at the two of them. I can't imagine Jordan being all that happy with Andrea walking around in a dress that shows her body off so much, but he didn't have much of a choice.

When we reach the entrance, I see the boys and straighten my back. I couldn't help but realize Theo was a force to be reckoned with, power oozed from his stance and hard gaze he gave to all the guests. He analyzed them, trying to look for any sign of retaliation as they poured into the venue. He couldn't have looked more delicious while doing so. His tux was obviously tailored for his broad shoulders as it hugged him perfectly to show all his muscles. The color contrasted with that of his skin. I drank him in without any shame, he looked beyond sexy.