20) New Friends

I smirk and get up from the bed, working through the tangles in my hair I had just gotten. Soon after, Theo is off the bed and ushering me out the door with urgency. I laugh at him, seeing him all excited. He looks at me with adoration as I exit, mumbling something under his breath when I pass him.

We meet Mal and Griffin at the end of the hallway and start our way downstairs to get to Jordan Archer's chambers. I fix Theo's hair, putting all the pieces I messed up back in place as we descend the stairs. It takes a few minutes to get to the other side of the house, but we eventually see less people and more guards, indicating we are closer.

"Why is there so many guards?" I hear Mal wonder aloud.

"Big cities like this usually have more than one pack within it, and some don't get along so well. Because our town is small and isolated, we only have guards posted on the outside of our house. We have no need to guard Theo's, Levi's, or my quarters." Griffin replies.

It makes sense, I guess the boys got lucky they had to relocate to our town. I look around at the heavily guarded area. I'm glad it's not like this at The House.

Theo stops us at a room with a long table and many chairs. We peek our heads inside to find nothing.

"Damn it, Jordan," Theo mumbles.

Theo leads us further down the hall and we approach a massive wooden door with intricate designs on it.  Mal goes to knock on the door when it opens suddenly to a young girl slipping out. Her grey eyes widen at the four of us, looking at us one by one.

"Damn it, Jordan," she whispers, barely audible. The only reason I hear it is because she is exiting closets to me. Her dark hair with silver highlights is disheveled, her white tee over her slender body is wrinkled. She's gorgeous, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what she had been doing with the Alpha.

She gives us a big fake smile, definitely trying to hide her embarrassment. "Hiya." Without waiting for an answer, she continues. "Sorry about this, I wasn't aware that Alpha Jordan was planning on have company. " her smile almost faltered at the last part, and I could have swore her eye twitched slightly. I almost laughed at loud, I knew that look all too well; she would be giving him hell for it later.

I control my laughter and settle with an amused smile. I think I like her already. "I'm Adeline."

She looks relieved somebody spoke up. "Andrea," she replies as we shake hands. I gesture to my group. "This is Mallory, Theo and Griffin."

Her eye definitely twitched this time. "Oh! He definitely forgot to mention that the leaders of Royal Blood we're visiting." She waits a beat, taking a deep breath in. "My apologies, Alpha and Beta, I hope I don't seem rude."

"Not at all," Griffin replies, looking amused by the small woman. She shifts on her feet.

"Welp, This has been sufficiently humiliating. It was nice meeting you all, I hope next time its under better circumstances." She chirps, anger swimming in her eyes. And with that, she confidently takes off with her head held high. As soon as she turns the corner steps can be heard from inside the suite.