4) The Party

"Ok, ok Jess, calm down. We can pick you up on the way over....Yes we can bring you one...Yeah don't worry about it.... it's fine seriously don't worry about it...ok take care Jess I-....yeah sounds good." Mallory tells Jess.

"Is she ok?" I ask as I apply my red lipstick. I put another light layer of powder on, and turn to Mal who is texting.

"Mal?"

"Yeah yeah! Sorry, I was just-" she says rushed but turns to look at me,"Good lord, Adeline. I don't know how, but you look even hotter the second time!"

I roll my eyes with a smile, "Thanks Mal, but about Jessie?"

"Oh," she says chuckling, "She's ok, but her mom was treated in the hospital... again." We both share a solemn look, understanding the worry we both share for her.

"I don't know if she's going to be able to handle it if she has to keep doing this," I say quietly.

"You're right, she's been so strong for so long," Mal says walking over and sitting on her bed. I nod. Though Jess is shy and reluctant about most things, she is smart and strong, traits I really admire about her. That and how sweet she is.

Something I could learn a thing or two about from her.

"You look pretty damn sexy in that dress Mal," I tell her, looking at her lace, light pink dress that drapes over her body perfectly. Her lean, muscular frame allows the fabric to fall in all the right places. The dress was short, which showed off her shaped legs. I glance over at the white heels sitting in her closet she set out to wear. She sits up from the bed she was just laying in and smiles triumphantly. Her smile falters as she seems to remember something, quickly scrambling out of her massive bed.

"Oh shoot, we are supposed to be on our way to pick Jess up. We're going to be late, my mom is going to kill me!" As she continues to freak out and hurriedly digs through her closet for shoes, I glance at the clock in her room. 

"We have over an hour until we need to be there, I think we are fine," I tell her. She must not appreciate my unconcerned attitude because she throws a pair of shoes at me. I look up from my phone and feel my eyebrows come together. "Really?"

"We need to leave now," She repeats, digging through her large closet.

"So we can drop her back off at home?"

"What? No, she's coming with us. They were going to hang out as a family until her mom had another episode. " She informs me, pulling out a beautiful nude-colored dress that would look gorgeous on Jessie. "Plus... I might have left a tiny part out about the party we need to take care of."

I nod my head until I catch the last part she mumbles out. "Wait, what is it?"