9) Just a Taste

I stood there, just blinking. What am I supposed to say to that? I would ask he was serious but he's always serious for the most part.

"You're what?" I settle with, not being able to respond.

"I'm sorry, I know I didn't ease into it at all, but I had to tell you." I informs me, and tucks my hair behind my ear.

"No, you didn't," I admit, "But you are telling me that you are a fictional specimen?"

"Not fictional, we're real," He corrects.

"We?" I ask, and then realize what he means, "That's why you three came at the same time."

Theo nods. "More on the way as well."

"So this is a real thing? And you travel in packs? And you change on full moons? And you-" I start rambling, not knowing how to react, but am cut short when Theo puts his long index finger to my lips, tingles meeting them from the action.

"Adeline, I don't want you to be freaked out. Please just trust me for now, I want to tell you everything. Can I take you out tonight and tell you everything then?" Theo asks.

"I don't know, I have no idea what I'm even doing today, and I'm still trying to process this, and I can't even tell if you're telling the truth, which no offense, I really do trust you, but this is like another level and I just don't know what to say." I ramble on.

"Then say yes," Theo replied.

"I can't believe I'm even considering this," I say out loud on accident. "Is this because of what it felt like when we-" I trail off when I hold up our hands and intertwine them again. I can tell we both feel the same charge of energy course through us.

"Yes that's part of it. I promise I will explain. Please go with me. I want you to know you can trust me."

I think about it again, unsure of how to react. I know that Theo is gorgeous, but he's clearly totally delusional. I come to the consensus that the best way to get an angle on this is to go, so I finally agree.

He seemed to relax after he settled everything, and he leaned closer to me, his arms still against the wall. I breathed out and stared into his eyes.

"Answer one question for the time being, please," I ask, unable to hold back my curiosity until tonight. He nodded.

"What is considered a mate?"

He sighed, "That's a tricky question. For me, I knew you were my mate when we met at the party and had to connect the fact you were the one from the party when I saw you at school. Most of the time there is a lot of characteristics that come out of a male wolf when he meets his mate, but I..." he trailed off, and furrowed his eyes brows, "I avoided it." He finished.

I felt my eyebrows pinch together. He was hiding something. He must tell that I can read his hesitance so he gives in.