Chapter 2

Next day Jungwon was woken up by sunlight hitting his adorable kitty face. He was still lying in his bed thinking everything happened yesterday. He checked the time and got up from the bed to get ready for school. He remembered he had his checkup today. He sighed, he hated visiting the hospital which he called a hell. He brushed his teeth, took a quick shower and wore his uniform. He took his belongings but he left the guitar today and went to eat breakfast. He greeted everyone good morning and started eating.

"Jungwon, you remember today's appointment right?". mother asked as she sat in front of him

"Yes mom I remember." He replied

"Then as usual I'll pick you up after school and then from there we will go to the hospital. Is that ok ?" Heeseung asked him.

"Ok hyung. Ugh I have to skip my singing practice today as well." Jungwon said as he sighed at the thought of skipping practice which he hated the most.

"Don't worry son it's just today and I know without even practising everyday you can sing well not just well but very well." Mr.Yang tried to cheer this poor boy's mood. And he succeeded. He smiled and got up.

He headed out and went to school. He entered and Niki hugged him. They do this everyday.

"Hello!"

"Hey Niki", Jungwon simply replied, obviously hating the fact to go for a checkup.

"Hey what's wrong?" Niki asked as they broke the hug.

"Try to guess."

"Oh you don't have your guitar with you today so that means.. you are going to have a check up right?"

"Hundred points to your guess, Nii. You are right I'm visiting that hell today too. Ahhh I don't know when I'll get away from that place." Jungwon whined as they started walking towards their classroom.

"It's ok hyung just few more days then-"

"Then I'll die, you are right." Jungwon completed the sentence only to get flicked on his forehead.

"Yahh Nishimura Riki what are you doing?!" Jungwon winced in pain.

"Zero points and a flick for wrong answer. Next time I'll hit you with a broom if you say that again."

"Ahh sorry sorry". Jungwon laughed but Niki was disappointed with the thoughts of dying.

"You always say that hyung but you never stopped your habit of talking about dying." Niki pouted which Jungwon thought it was cute he slightly pitched the younger cheeks and muttered one more 'sorry'

"I was going to say that just a few more days then you will have your surgery and you'll be fine."

"Who knows-"

"Shut up Jungwon or else I'll really kill you, I am very serious."

"Ahh alright." Jungwon gave up

"By the way, can I join you today? I'lI go to the hospital with you". Niki asked.

"Heeseung hyung is taking me there but if it's fine then you can join too". Jungwon replied smilingly.

"Ok then I'll message mom that I'll be with you so that my parents won't be worried." Niki did as he said.

As they entered the class as a ritual or out of habit everyone including Jay made fun of Jungwon today too. Jungwon looked at Jay and smiled just to get disgusting looks from others and sat in his seat. Everyone in the school knows that whenever Jungwon went to school without taking his guitar with him, he had a hospital visit and for them it was like a very interesting topic to talk about and make fun of him the whole day.

Jungwon and others started packing their bags. Jungwon checked his phone as he got a message from Heeseung saying he was waiting outside the school gate.

"Niki, hyung is here, let's go." Jungwon said and Niki nooded.

"Oh your hyung is here to pick you up today too you're surely a weak baby."

"Stop talking about yourself Jake." Niki spoke.

"Well I don't need anyone to pick me up from school so what are you talking about?!" Jake almost yelled.

"Well I was talking about the weak baby part, now shut it!"

"Whatever it is but our dear Yang Jungwon is on his way to his favourite place!" Sunoo interrupted Niki and Jake's small fight looking.

"He's meant for that place Sunoo." Minji said and all of them started mocking Jungwon for the nth time today.

"And you are meant for a place called hell. I hope you rot there in your afterlife. Let's go." Niki held his hand and went out of the classroom leaving the other dumbfounded. A savage baby indeed. As they got out of the gates.

"Heeseung Hyung!" Niki screamed when he saw Heeseung. The older one smiled at this cute little puma.

"Hey Puma Nikinie, are you coming with us?" Heeseung ruffled his hair while giggling at Niki's cuteness.

"Yes hyung," he replied and they got inside the car. Jungwon sat in the passenger seat and Niki in the back seat. During the drive Jungwon was anxious.

"Hey champ, what's wrong?" asked Heeseung.

"What else hyung I am nervous. I don't want to go there." Jungwon said.

"It's ok hyung you will be fine trust me." Niki tried to calm Jungwon down.

"Yes it's ok we are there with you." Heeseung joined in Niki's 'calming jung' operation.

"What if they ask me to get the surgery now like right now?!" he was panicking.

"Yang Jungwon calm down nothing will happen, don't overthink". Heeseung said worry in his voice.

"Just rest for a while or listen to your favourite NCT song till we reach there."Niki suggested.

"Okay." Jungwon smiled sadly and put on his earphones and started playing his NCT playlist and also sang a few songs to which the other two smiled.