Chapter 28

Jungwon's POV

Today is the annual gathering day. We were still in school because others were helping the teachers to decorate the stage in the playground. Jay is an expert in art and Niki as well. I was sitting on the bench. As usual no one allowed me to work. 'Just two days are left Jungwon' I thought and sighed.

I kept staring at Jay from far away. He was blowing the balloons which will be put up on the stage. He was struggling to blow them. His face turned red and his cheeks looked chubby. I urged to poke his cheek but I couldn't do it. He gave up on blowing the balloon instead he's now tying them. I giggled watching him carefully tie them.

He's afraid of balloons and still he's doing it.
He's looking like a softie right now. He's stubborn, somewhat rude but I know he behaves with the people he loves. When he was dating Eunha, even after being half-hearted in the relationship, he used to protect her. I also know whenever he'll love someone with his whole heart, he will keep that person happy and loved. His smile when he is with Jake and Sunoo, makes me satisfied that he's smiling. I want him to be happy no matter what.

I might be dead or alive after two days, but I want to see him smile at me before I die. I'm so happy right now that I have loved this person in my life. Even if he hates me, the reason behind my smile is him. I should tell him how I feel. He just knows I love him but how much? I want him to know this.
After an hour, they all came up to me, wrapping everything. Jay didn't glance at me though.

"Guys listen up, now it's two o'clock so around five let's meet at the front gate?" Sunoo asked and we all agreed to it. It was a half-day today.

"Ok, so let's go. Jungwon, I'm walking you home today." Niki said. Yes I really want to spend these two days with him. Not two days but atleast one day. Tomorrow I'll be off to Germany.

We got up from the bench and before we parted I called out. "J-Jay?" he turned around with everyone else.

"Yes?"

"C-an I talk with you for a moment?" I asked.

"Ofcourse Jungwon you can, guys let's go first." Jake said.

"I'll be waiting outside the gate. Take your time." Niki said as he realised what I was going to do. All of them left.

"What?" he asked, hands crossed in front of his chest.

"I-I was s-sav-"

"Don't shutter Jungwon," he said. His tone was soft..

"I want to te-"

"Jay!!" I got cut off by the teacher. He was calling Jay for help.

"I gotta go." he simply said and left.

'Will I ever be able to tell him?' I thought and walked towards the gate.

"What happened? Did he said-"

I cut Niki's words, "Teacher called him. Bad luck today as well."

"Ahh it's ok. You can tell him at the gathering okay?" I hummed to his question.

We both arrived at my house and he left to get ready for the event. I got inside the house and my room. I sat at the study table and opened my diary.

4th July, 2023

Hello diary, it's me Jungwon again. I know you want Jay to write to you again but I can't force him to do so.

So about today, I saw Jay struggling with balloons, he was kinda cute while blowing them. I was going to confess to him, but the teacher interrupted. But, tonight I'm going to do it.

Also, this may be the last time I'm going to write in my diary. And maybe last time I'm going to see Jay, Niki and others.

I closed the diary and cried hard. I was really sad today. I don't want this to go away soon. My crying session was interrupted when someone knocked on the door. I wiped my tears but no use, it was so obvious that I cried because of my red eyes. I opened the door to meet cheerful Heeseung hyung.