Chapter 30

Jay's POV

Jungwon ran away, shoving his diary in my hand. What am I going to do with this? I went home and crashed in my bed. 'Jungwon is so brave to do that' I thought about his singing on stage. I let out a big sigh. My phone rang, I had a message from Jake.

Doglover:
Tomorrow we are hanging out with Jungwon.
Wanna join?
Think before saying no
We all will be meeting him before he's off to Germany.

Me:
I'll see

Doglover:
I can't believe you Jay
Why are you so stubborn and mean
You know he wants to see you before the surgery
Can't you keep your ego aside and give in at least now?

Me:
I said I'll see
Don't call me stubborn because of that guy
And why do he need to see me when I don't even talk to him

Doglover:
I can't with you
If you want to come be at the park at 3

I left him on read. I am being a bad person again. I sighed and got up from the bed. I sat at my study table and crossed my hands on it. I leant down and involuntarily my eyes got teary. I wiped my tears and my eyes fell on the paper bag Jungwon gave me. I took the diary out of it. It looked the same, it was in a good condition as well. Jungwon kept it neat. I took a deep breath and opened it.

'1st December, 2009

We got this dary asterday and twoday, Woniee and me are sitting in our school gound and tinking wht to gift Innie for his bithday which is in nest week.'

I read and chuckled at my handwriting and plenty of spelling mistakes. That day Jungwon's symptoms showed up for the first time. I still remember how much I cried looking at him laying like a lifeless person in the hospital.

I flipped the page,

'2nd December, 2009

I'm Yang Jungwon. Yestadau mom said I have something in mu hat and I am sik. I don't know what two right more, bue.'

Cute Jungwon. I chuckled.

'9th December, 2009

Yestaday, I drank juice but I puked after that. My throat was itching too Mom said it was al- somethin. Jazyy gave me tat but he didn't know it was bad for me. So I saved Jazyy by not telling this anyone other than hyung and dad!! From now, Jazyy will potect me and I will potect him.'

That Jazyy word caught my attention. He loves calling me Jazyy. I thought and a smile formed on my face. 'Jay get yourself together. 'I slapped myself lightly.

I kept flipping pages and I could only see little Jungwon's messy handwriting. He wrote it everyday. But when I flipped more pages, he only wrote about some particular days. Maybe he thought pages wouldn't be enough for him if he wrote every day. 'We think the same though.'

'8th September, 2018

I was hospitalised for I don't remember the count. I am so dumb!! Gosh Yang Jungwon you are dumb!!! I knew Jazyy would get mad. He said he hates me. Ugh Jungwon can't you keep your mouth shut??!'

He confessed to me for the first time that day. I skipped pages this year.

'29th May, 2023

Today some students called me a bitch that was just behind Jazyy for his money and looks. I can't even tell them that he was my friend and I still consider him as one. His friends made fun of me. Thanks to Niiiee for protecting me.'

'2nd June, 2023

Eunha that devil is cheating on Jazyy. And he is so very dumb that even after telling him he doesn't believe it. I wanted to slap his face and tell him that you will be hurt but then he hurted me. Jazyy punched me. My lip is swollen. I decided to stay at Niki's to hide my face from my family. In Niki's house I found his, Jazyy's and mine group photo. It brought back so many sweet memories. I was regretting to grow up this soon. I want to be friends with Jazyy once again.'