Chapter 37

Jeonghan's POV

I checked Jungwon for the fourth time today. It's already been a day since he had his surgery and Jungwon's still not awake. His pulse rate was normal, normal like others. I was happy that he's having a heart which beats like others and not the one that beats fast and suddenly slows down. But why isn't he still awake? I sighed and decided to wait more.

"Yes, Jay he's fine don't worry. He's still not awake but don't panic, ok?" I could hear Heeseung talking on his phone as I exited the ICU. He saw me and after a few words ended the call.

"Jay?" I asked and he hummed.

"He's crying his eyes out."

"He loves Jungwon." I smiled.

"Why isn't he awake?" I forgot the count of him asking this question to me today.

"We still can't figure it out. Let's assume it is because of the anaesthesia. He will be waking up soon." I smiled to comfort him. He went inside. His parents went to fetch Jungwon's belongings from the hotel.

"Oh Dr. Yoon, come sit." Dr. Finn said and I sat in front of him. "How's Jungwon?"

"He isn't awake yet. His breathing is normal, still no signs. When is he going to wake up?" I clicked my tongue in frustration.

"Let's wait for few more hours and chec-"

"Doctor, the patient on bed number 7 is unstable." the nurse cut off his words.

"Bed number 7?!! It's Jungwon!" I panicked as both of us rushed towards the ICU.

"Hyu-hyung Ju-" Heeseung who was standing outside the ICU was tearing up.

"Shh Heeseung, relax. First call your parents. Let them arrive here first then tell them this." I said and went inside.

"What's wrong?" Dr. Finn asked the doctor who was already checking Jungwon. His breathing was heavy once again. I checked his pulse rate, again it was high. Loud peeps was heard from the ventilator.

"His heart beat was increasing and now it's beating very slow!!"

The peeping sound fastened. His vitals became unstable.

"CPR!!" Dr. Finn exclaimed and he sat up on the bed kneeling. He started giving him CPR. Dr. Finn was tired and decided to switch.
I went up and started doing the same activity. I was already sweating.

"Jungwon come on! Just hold on for a little while. You are doing great." I mumbled. Dr. Finn rubbed Jungwon's feet and another doctor did the same to his palms. After repeating the activity for more than five ten minutes, he finally got stable.

"He's stable." I said and got on my feet. I put my hand on my knees panting heavily. We almost lost you Jungwon.

"We need to do some tests right now. Where is his family?" he asked and they were called in.

"Jungwon!! What's wrong?" aunty panicked.

"We need to do some tests on him. We need you to fill out the consent forms right now." Dr. said and they agreed.

I was afraid of one thing. No! This can't happen. It's very rare. We did some tests on Jungwon like ECG, ultrasounds, etc. Dr. Finn is more experienced than me. And he's one of the best heart surgeons in Germany. He will really do something to save Jungwon. He examined the reports as the Yang's were seated in front of him and me sitting beside him. He finally kept the file on the table.

"Is something serious?" Jungwon's father asked.

"It is." we held our breath. "He's having cerebral damage because of the surgery. Sorry to say this but he is in a coma." The moment he said this, the air got gloomy.
I was afraid of this thing.