Chapter 31

Jay's POV

"Jazyyy!! You will be coming to my birthday right?" Niki asked me. I wished to go but I said no.

"But why?? Niiiee will turn six tomorrow. Can't you come? Please?" Woniee asked. I was avoiding them for a long time now. But I can't leave them and especially Jungwon when he's in this state.

"Yes, I'll come." I said and they both smiled.

"Happy birthday Niiiee!!!" Both Jungwon and I hugged Niki very tightly.

"Thank you but please I can't take in air!!" he whined and we let him go. Both of us giggled when Niki held his hand on his chest panting heavily.

"Don't worry Niiee, it's ok. It's just me who can't handle when I can't take the air inside my body." he meant breathing. We felt bad for Jungwon. I turned him towards me and hugged him.

"Woniee, don't worry ok? I'll take care of you, I will bring smile on your face but still if you don't smile then I'll tickle you. We will be together always and-"

"What are you saying?" We broke the hug.

"Woniee, mom was watching something on TV when I was playing in the living room. In that, one hyung said he will potect-

"Potrect." Nii said.

"It's protect." Jungwon rolled his eyes

"Protect that nuna. And when one bad person tried to hurt that nuna, that hyung saved her."

Both of them bursted into laughter.

"Jazyy, that was not real."

"I know Niiiee!! But I'll protect Woniee."

"But I'm a boy. How can a boy protect another boy? And if you will protect me others will laugh at me." he pouted.

"So what if we are boys, can't a boy protect another boy? And no one will say anything to you."

"Really?" Jungwon asked in anticipation.

"Yes, Woniee."

"Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday dear Niiiee.
Happy birthday to you!!" Jungwon sang the birthday song on the mic. His voice since childhood is pleasing.

We sang along with him.

Niki blew the candles and cut the cake. Many of our classmates were invited by his parents. We sat on the couch eating the cake. Jungwon was not eating anything. He wasn't breathing properly.

"Hey Woniee, what happened?"

"Nothing Jazyy. I need water." he said.

"Oh I can't see water here. Can you drink juice?" I asked and gave him the glass. I thought he would chug that but he got up and ran towards the washroom. I followed him, tense.

"Woniee what happened??" I asked but he hurried and opened the door of the washroom and threw up.

Heeseung hyung saw this and ran towards us. After Jungwon finished throwing up, Heeseung hyung helped him clean up. Jungwon was scratching his throat. We took Jungwon to the living room. When everyone knew what happened, they all gathered around.

"Oh my God, what happened to Jungwon??" his mother asked, all worried.

"Mom, dad he was throwing up."

"Jungwon, baby what did you eat?" his father asked in a soft tone.

"D-dad, I d-rank t-that juice." he uttered, scratching his neck and pointing at the glass.