Part 19

I explained everything that happened to Molly when we came home on Sunday, she screamed and jumped. "Awwwww y'all are back together!" I nodded, "we can go on double dates!" She said and I shook my head no. "I don't think Chase would like that..." I said.

"Screw him, I'm just glad you're happy again." Molly wrapped her arms around me and I glared.

"Hands off Mols." I warned and she nodded while stealing my phone, she giggled to herself and then shut my phone off and changed the topic.

"What did you do?" I asked and she shrugged while I opened the text from Jett.

Jett: sure I'll pick you up tonight at 6.

Me: aww thanks.
I replied and then glared at Molly, "I hate you." "You love me!" She said and I just laughed while we went downstairs to see nobody else home. "Wanna go swimming?" I asked and she nodded.

We both jumped into the pool and then she got out to tan while I swam laps.
"Where's kk?" Molly asked. "She went back to Montana at the airport sadly." I explained and she nodded and that made my mind go back to thinking about my dad again, how would life be if he was here?

"Averie!" I snapped back into reality and Molly was laughing at her phone, "your brother is so hot." She said and showed me a picture of them together. "Ew don't ever say that again." I yelled and she giggled. "Ok let's get you ready for your date!" I rolled my eyes and got dried off then went inside and took a shower.

"We need to go to my house for good outfits." Molly said once she looked in my closet, I had to agree. I only owned leggings, jeans or sweats, no dresses 'n any fancy shit.

We were screaming Katy Perry songs on the short drive to her house then we got in the driveway and I heard her dog bark and I ran to the front door and entered the code.

"Whiskey!" I screamed and the German Shepherd attacked me with kisses. "Get off!" Molly yelled and squeezed through the door. "Whiskey off." The dog listened. "Good boy." I gave him a pat on the head and then looked around to see Cassie making some sort of food in the kitchen.

"Hey Averie!" She waved and I smiled, "Molly dad thanked you for going yesterday by the way." She said to her sister and my smiled sorta faded, it's still odd to hear other people talk about their dad when I can't really talk about my own.

Molly must have noticed because she just smiled and then pushed me upstairs, "ok we're gonna curl your hair." She was talking to herself while plugging in the iron, then she went back into her room and I laid on her gray comfy bed.

Molly's room had always been so neat and very comfy with all the pillows and her swing chair, pretty opposite of mine actually. She had her dance trophies on a shelf and then her gymnastics medals hanging on the back of her door. But my favorite part was the big glass frame with our favorite memories together from our whole lives, there prom pictures, field trips, dance comps, my old racing days, swimming, traveling, and many more.

"This or this?" Molly came out of her closet and held up a white dress or a black dress, I looked at both and then at her with a disgust look on my face. "Really?" I asked and she frowned. "Yes."

"Let me FaceTime him and see what he's wearing, like what if it isn't fancy?" I said and Molly rolled her eyes, "no you can't call him. I will." She said and took my phone and FaceTimed him.

"Ave- Molly?" My boyfriend asked, "Hey Jett. Are you guys going to a fancy place?" She asked and I heard Jett say something but she turned down the volume because it was gonna be a surprise. She came back into her room and she was smiling, "you're gonna wear one of these." Molly nodded to the two dresses that were on her chair, I groaned and she pulled my up.

I tried the white one on and it was ugly, "Mols no offense but I look like a fucking garbage bag." I said and she laughed. "No you don't but try this one on." She handed me the black one and I got changed but it was very confusing since there were big cutouts.

"Am I even wearing this right?" I asked and looked in the mirror, she came over and fixed the strap then nodded. "Hey- woah Averie Sexton in a dress?" Cassie smiled and I giggled. "A rare sighting." I added.

"Are you going anywhere tonight?" Cassie asked her sister, Molly shrugged. "Ok well Travis is coming over in a few minutes." She said and then closed the door. "Ok now hair time."

Molly loosely curled my hair and I looked in the mirror and almost didn't recognize myself, I put my earrings in and then borrowed Molly's flat sandals because I wasn't gonna wear heels.

"You are so pretty!" Molly said and handed me one of her purses, "ya right." I said while trying to put some mascara on, she was laughing and then she took one last look at me and smiled. "Jett's jaw is going to drop Averie." I smiled because I knew it was. "Anyways it's 5:40 so you go home and wait for your man." She told me and I laughed, "you gotta drop me off."

I waved goodbye and then went inside and kept checking my phone, 5:52. No sight of Jett, I took a few deep breaths and then decided to watch tv for a few minutes because I was overthinking everything. There was a knock on the door at 5:57 and I quickly fixed my dress and hair before opening it, it was just my stupid brother.

"Woah what is going on and where's Averie?" Chase joked, I rolled my eyes but then I looked past his shoulder and saw Jett in a Ferrari. "Holy fuck." "Shit." Chase and I finished each other's sentences.

"Well that's my ride, see you later." I said and walked past him and made eye contact with Jett, he walked up to me and sure enough, his jaw dropped. "I'm guessing that's you Averie?" He asked and I laughed.

"A lot of help from Molly but yes- it's me." He laughed and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "lets go." Jett opened the passenger door for me and I got in and I felt like hot shit riding in this sports car.

"You like?" He asked and started it, it sounded like a nice car and I smiled while he held my hand and drove to the restaurant.