Chapter 64: Family or Misa

A smile that had waned on the Uchiha's face had slowly disappeared as he stood in front of Orochimaru who was reprimanding him for his foolish actions

"So how did you end up saving Misa, getting your ribs broken and defeating the Akatsuki at once?" Orochimaru questioned, his snake like eyes glaring daggers at the boy.

"I- We didn't defeat the Akatsuki," The boy's response was short and curt however his voice- his voice was at a tone that explained the whole scenario, "We escaped and ran away."

"The famed great Uchiha ran away from a fight, how unexpected," The Sannin mocked Sasuke.

Usually Sasuke would have said something snarky back but this time he was silent. He didn't utter a single word. Instead he held his head low in embarrassment.

"And actually Misa was the one who saved him," Kabuto sneaked in a piece of information causing Orochimaru to go feral.

Had he lost his most important pawn, Uchiha Sasuke all his plans would have gone to waste. He was thankful that Misa had saved. Nevertheless the girl was the cause of everything.

"You are pathetic, Sasuke. If you want to avenge your clan and kill your brother, you should leave that girl. You should kill her or send her back to wherever she came from. She is meddling with your training," Orochimaru screeched, pushing away a bundle of test tubes causing it to shatter to the crowd earning a wince from Kabuto and a clear horizontal cut to appear on Sasuke's cheek signaling that a shard of glass had pierced him.

"I will not let her go," The Uchiha grit his teeth with his eyes darkening.

"Your brother is on the level of those Akatsuki you fought. Actually he might be even stronger than them. Look at your state now after engaging with those Akatsuki. You couldn't even fight back. That girl who used to be weaker than you had to save you and you are still trying to emphasize that she is not a distraction? You must have lost your mind," The older man rubbed his temples in frustration, "At this point you are still no way near your brother. You are really weak."

Hearing those words from Orochimaru gave Sasuke a shock. He was still weak? Well considering how he couldn't fight back or deflect those attacks from the Akatsuki, it was true.

Few hours ago

"Look, look it is a little party isn't it here? What a lovely gathering."

The voice belonged to someone who was wearing the robes of the Akatsuki giving Kabuto terror. There were two of them wearing the Akatsuki robes. Why had they even come here? Oh wait, wasn't it for Misa? She had the nine-tails. Kabuto smiled to himself at how fate had made things much easier. The Akatsuki would kill Misa for sure.

And with that Kabuto slithered away from the fighting ground. Well the two Akatsuki members did notice the cunning man but they made no efforts to capture him for he wasn't anyone important.